Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Community > Other Activities

Unread 01-22-2006, 06:26 PM
climbergrrl

weekday snow carving anyone?

Anyone free for snowboarding (or whatever you choose to ride) on Tuesday the 24th? Maybe Yongpyung?

How about Thursday the 26th? Am thinking Jisan (between Yongin and Wonju), or Sungwoo Resort or Phoenix Park (near Wonju)...

Rick, how's the wrist doing? Are you healing up okay?
Unread 01-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Aggressive Sheep

Hi D!
Sorry I had to bail on you last week, I was really looking forward to it. It turns out I fractured my radius, but luckily a small one. The doc said I'm out of commission for the season but I think he really meant to just stay out of the half pipe. Fine with me...the pipe and park gave me a good solid beating that weekend. The wrist is doing much better (thanks for the text!), but I'll have to pass on next week. I need to give it at least a month's rest.
have a great time!!!
-r
Unread 01-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Belay Caddy/Slave

Hey D

Some friends of mine and I (Yes I have friends other then those I have met on this site) are going to Jisan this Thursday the 26th in the evening not sure what time it depends on when we get out of work. We went last week in the evening and had a blast. We got out there about 1830 and stayed till 0930 I was with some fairly novice skiers and snowboarders and 0500 comes too fast when you don't get to bed early enough. We rented our gear and got lift tickets from a place just outsde the resort for 38,000 Won not bad for an evening of good clean fun.
Unread 01-24-2006, 01:21 AM
climbergrrl

Woohoo! Sounds good, I think you can almost definitely count me in and I may bring another boarder also...are you planning to meet anywhere beforehand?

D
Unread 01-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Belay Caddy/Slave

We meet at a friends apt in the small ville outside the post and convoy up there depending on how many are going to be going.

Depending on how you go, there is a rest stop on Hwy 42 that we could link up at if you are not sure how to get there.

or

There is a Ski and Snowboard shop just outside the parking area as you go into Jisan that we always rent at.

or

The place is fairly small so if you give me a call we can link up there. The deal with the lift tickets is at the shop just outside the resort.
Unread 01-27-2006, 12:19 PM
climbergrrl

Hey there!

It was awesome to meet up with you and Chris at Jisan! I hope to "shred" with ya' again soon! Let me know when you go again! I'll do the same...

And anyone else who's interested in going, it was really fun...if you want to go, you'll have lots of interested partners, I'm sure!

Dee
Unread 01-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Belay Caddy/Slave

Right on,

That was a blast. We will be going agian next Thursday same bat time same bat chennel. Maybe Monday durring the day. Not as much pain in the glutiusmaximus as my first time on the snowboard so that is cool.

Talk at you later,

Mike