Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 11-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Seorak Sender

Talking >2Hrs Seoul(Bukhansan?/1-3Dec/Sport/Boulder

My partner Sara and I are here in Seoul till 4 Dec and are psyched as always to go climbing! My brother, Merrick came 1 yr ago and met, I think Canadian Paul? on KOTR and said the climbing was sweet! Would anyone like to climb this Sat 1, Sun 2 or Mon 3 Dec, no more than 2 hr from Insadong, Seoul? We have rope & 12 draws and all our own equipment to sport climb (~5.8-5.11). We would be happy to join anyone in bouldering (~V0-4) if you have a pad too!

Thank you! Hope to hear from you soon!

Warren & Sara
Seattle, WA, USA
Unread 11-30-2007, 08:11 AM
tinker bell

there is a group of us going to Ganhyung this weekend. It's a sport crag about 11/2 2 hrs from seoul. let me know if you are intrested and i will send instructions on how to get there.
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Lekker!!

I keen to meet up with you guys!! It's a good incentive not to go out tonight! What time will you be arriving? Or are you heading up today?
Unread 11-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Seorak Sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigi
I keen to meet up with you guys!! It's a good incentive not to go out tonight! What time will you be arriving? Or are you heading up today?

We're in Seoul now, and now thinking we might only have time to go to Bukhansan National Park on Monday for climbing. We are still flexible, but there is so much to do here! Do you know anything about climbing in Bukhansan?
Unread 11-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Seorak Sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by mil-mil
there is a group of us going to Ganhyung this weekend. It's a sport crag about 11/2 2 hrs from seoul. let me know if you are intrested and i will send instructions on how to get there.

Can we get there with public transportation? We don't have a car or anything. What town is Ganhyung nearby? Thanks for your help!
Unread 11-30-2007, 11:21 AM
mastering the pull-up

There is a train that goes from Eastern Seoul straight to Ganhyeon. Hopefully someone else can give you some better information, I haven't done that trip on public transit in over a year. There is also some updated train info on here. Search for Ganhyun and look at the comments people have added. Some people also take buses to Wonju and then a cab to Ganhyeon.

One good thing about Ganhyeon- It's one of the few crags that gets full sun almost all day... the sun hits the rock at a/b 11am. Nice for cold weather climbing!

Sigi, come to Ganhyeon on Saturday! I haven't seen you in ages!
Unread 11-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Lekker!!

Chickenlegs!! Yeah! I'm definitely making the mission now that I know you'll be there! Yeah! I cant wait!
Unread 11-30-2007, 12:43 PM
tinker bell

go to express bus terminal on line # 3 and get a ticket to wonju. Tell the bus driver to let you off in munmak. he should let you off at a bu stop in a little town infront of a car garage. ask a local to cal you a tac-she tell the taxi driver you want to go to Ganhyung resort. Kan-hyung resorta. we should be there around 10 pm tonight. my cell phone # is 0108945710 if you have any further questions.
Unread 11-30-2007, 12:52 PM
tinker bell

http://www.nsubway.co.kr/korea/seoul...ubwaymapen.htm
you can also take a train from cheongnyangni. there is 2 subway stations for cheongnyangni you want the one of the sky blue line. this will put you in the train station go upstairs and get a ticket for Ganhyung. when you get to ganhyung leave the train station and take a left. follow this road threw small town and threw a short tunnel as you get up the hill the park entrance will be on your right. walk threw the park following the main road. after about 10-15 minute walk you will see people climbing on your right.

hope to see you guys out there
Unread 11-30-2007, 12:57 PM
peace

For people really new to Korea, the train is the best option as 6 trains a day go direct to Kanhyon! They can walk from there to the climbing and a sport rack is perfect. Keep scrolling down from the link; I've listed the train #, departure and arrival times. Be away that these trains leave from Cheongnyangni, a smaller train station in Eastern Seoul, stop 125 on the dark blue subway line!

Bukhansan is mostly trad: slabs and cracks but it really takes some getting used to, can be epic, and a helmet is recommended (look at the placques to the dead). . . There is buldering near the campgrounds.

IF you wanted to venture further afield, you are welcome to come to Jeonju. . . I am likely climbing Sat at Maisan , a very unique park (though a helmet is necessary for belaying here) and Sun either there are checking out a new crag by the local gym, the guys responsible for putting up many classic routes in Korea!

If I know when you'd come in, I could pick you up at the bus or train terminal. There are several trains and many many busses every day to jeonju, about 2.4 hours by bus and 3 by train from Seoul.