I managed to lose an entire bag of gear last Thursday night while riding my motorcycle from Jinju to Samcheonpo. Long story short, it was strapped down behind me and I didn't notice it fall off when the straps snapped.
The bag was a red 55L Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) "Cragalot" bag containing the following:
- 1 16 MP Sony Cyber-shot digital camera
- 1 Mammut Mirage harness
- 1 Mammut Vader belay device and locking carabiner
- 1 pair 5.10 Coyote climbing shoes
- 6 (or 7?) quickdraws
- 1 daisy chain and locking carabiner
- 1 chalk bag
- 1 Leatherman Juice multi-tool
- 1 Princeton Tech Aurora headlamp
- 1 3/4 length Thermarest mattress
- 1 Bodum brand coffee press
- 1 camping stove and fuel canister
- 1 beach towel
- 1 first aid kit
- 1 beach mat
A Korean friend is convinced he saw it lying at the side of the road on Highway 3 by the Sacheon Air Force Base that same night...but that information failed to lead to its recovery.
If you happen to hear of a random bag of climbing gear having been found in Gyeongnam, please call me (Nick) at 010-8490-0999.
p.s. If you happen to live in Gyeongnam and wouldn't mind posting a flyer at your local gym/wall, you can find one here