Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

Unread 07-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Live Loud

New Gym in Dongducheon

Just finished adding a bouldering gym for Dongducheon. For those of you heading south to Uijongbu to climb you may want to shorten your commute and check it out. This was my first time adding a climb so if there is anything i can do to make it better please share. I have thick skin I just want to be as informative as possible.
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:06 AM
live life

how is the gym there??? i live in UJB so i just goto shamony but wouldnt mind checkin out TDC gym
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:22 AM
Live Loud

I will not say anything against Shamony gym, since it was the only local gym to tdc it is where I started climbing in Korea. However it was a $5 cab ride to the station a 1350won train ride plus 43 minutes a 10min walk and 10,000w a day to get there then I had to coordinate my schedule to catch the last train back... You get the idea. The gym itself was very technical and challenging and mr. Park was a very nice guy, but it just was not worth it to me to continue jumping through all the hoops. A problem you will have to balance for yourself making the trip up here. The gym is very modern and looks more like an American style bouldering gym, instead of the more traditional style basement gym. The routes are changing regularly. The problems have as little as 15 moves or as many as 141 depending on what you are working on, full ceiling and plenty of workout equipment. The other climbers although few speak English are amazingly friendly and outgoing. If you know what day you would like to check it out I would be happy to work out my schedule to go with you. The owner lets me bring people to try out the gym for a day and if you want to continue to climb its 20,000 won a month payable on your next visit. If I have not covered something you still want to know feel free to pm me. I would post the rest of my pictures but they don't go through for some reason not sure why?!?
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:25 AM
live life

thanks bro that was good info actually whats funny is i work at camp hovey lol but live at crc