Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 01-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Point Dume

wow, kotr is quiiiiiiet these days; snow trek at Bukhansan 1/5

I went up to Bukhansan and did a five hour hike last Sunday. It was a bit chilly, but awesome. Beautiful white blanket of snow. Used crampons on a short 200 m. stretch from the base of Baekundae toward Yongammun.
I'm going again this Saturday. Anyone want to come? We can meet at Gupabbal Station at 8 am.
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Lekker!!

Hey Joe, I'll definitely join you for a hike on Saturday. Havent done much hiking lately, so I suspect I'm a bit out of shape. 8 am at gupabal!! Holy cow. Hope you had good time in L.A!!
Unread 01-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Point Dume

Sigi,
It'll be great to see you again! Don't worry, carrying around that huge pack of yours, you're in great shape all the time. Yeah, 8 am is a bit early, but that leaves the whole day open. Last time I started hiking (park entrance) about 8:30 and it was fine. We'll probl. be down in time for lunch.
The weather will be clear and above freezing, so that's a plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigi
Hey Joe, I'll definitely join you for a hike on Saturday. Havent done much hiking lately, so I suspect I'm a bit out of shape. 8 am at gupabal!! Holy cow. Hope you had good time in L.A!!
Unread 01-03-2008, 05:12 PM
verticalcult

Well Joe (승천형) and Sigi, I'd love to join you but alas....this weekend I'll be off ice-climbing/ checking out how the ice walls are forming. KOTR has been dead as a proverbial door-nail lately...I guess with winter and overseas sojourns the pace has slackened. Still it's good to know hiking is on. KA and I did a 2.5 hour hike in the snow laden hills right behind our APT here the other day....hiking crampons, historic temples and dead gorgeous views. Funny how ones legs never feel cold even in sub-zero temps. We are off to sample sunny Aussie rock (and maybe meet family, do tourist things etc) on Jan 14th, and back Feb 9th. Before then we are broke but looking to meet up with folk somehow for some fun. Keep the dying light alive!
Unread 01-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Point Dume

제이크 형/ 경아 누님,

Great to hear from you. We'll have to go down to the Solpine for some chow again when you get back from down under. Take care, and climb some extra for the poor bastards stuck in ice cold Korea.
Unread 01-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Lekker!!

Hey Joe,

I dont have snow crimpy thingies. Can I just pick up a pair from one of those vendors outside the station? Wil those will be sufficient? Not going to have time to look for them elsewhere. I haven't much experience with snow gear being from Africa and all. Oh one more thing, should I wear longjohns?