Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

View Poll Results: Best Date For Spring 2007 M&G - You can choose more than 1 choice.
March 24 - 25 3 14.29%
March 31 - April 1 9 42.86%
April 7 - 8 4 19.05%
April 14 - 15 13 61.90%
April 21 - 22 5 23.81%
April 28 - 29 1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 03-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Working it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanja
Yeah OK we are going to try and get the new shirts organized asap...things are way hectic here just now, but maybe we'll start a seperate thread on that. Will be different designs, different suppliers and better sizing than before. Hang tight we'll be on it.

woot!! I'm definitely in the market for some new sport-shirts!
Unread 03-12-2007, 08:56 AM
fall off or jump off. debate? not really

well, i'm in i'd love to come see you guys again, i had a great time last fall! and i promise to make cookies again... i found molasses, so i made ginger snaps for our first climb at munsu a few weeks ago (took my first big lead fall!! it was fun!) dee and i are both leaving this spring, so it would be great to get out with a big crew before we go!
Unread 03-12-2007, 09:22 PM
peace

Heyo. . . just spent a few days in Busan, checked out Geumjeongsan (Buchae Bawi and Daeryeokbong). . . and I have some reservations about having a Meet and Greet there, keeping up the quality of previous M&Gs. There are a few areas that might be suitable for camping near enough, but we'd really need to get permission. . . and the nearest bathrooms have no water and smell pretty bad. . . camping at the base is limited (first 3 tents would be OK). . rocky, uneven and glass everywhere-- though there is a trickle of running water from a spring/well. It would be troublesome to lug stuff (do we want pancakes? coolers? t-shirts?) from the few parking areas (they tow) or on the busses to anywhere we would stay. It seems great for a weekend with a few people, but for the logistics of a KOTR Meet and Greet???

I didn't check out Amnam Park-- but with over 30 (some 2p) routes from 5.7-5.12-- it might be doable. I don't like the sound of the cockroach-like bugs, though, and of course, I have no idea about camping and other facilities?

There's other climbing down South-- Ulsan, Kimhae, Masan. . . I'd be willing to "sacrafice" another weekend and check on these. Anyone else up for it? Nic, I was in Ulsan many years ago, how convienient is that? Probably this will have less folks than end-of-summer, but what's your opinion? How is it for public transport, etc?
Unread 03-13-2007, 01:10 AM
Seorak Sender

man how time flies. has it already been a year? really? i really don't know what date would be a good one. for me any time is good as long as the weather holds. I am inlined to simply go with the most voted for thus far, simply to make the choice more easy. blah.
Unread 03-13-2007, 07:47 AM
☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsk
Heyo. . . just spent a few days in Busan, checked out Geumjeongsan (Buchae Bawi and Daeryeokbong). . . and I have some reservations about having a Meet and Greet there, keeping up the quality of previous M&Gs. There are a few areas that might be suitable for camping near enough, but we'd really need to get permission. . . and the nearest bathrooms have no water and smell pretty bad. . . camping at the base is limited (first 3 tents would be OK). . rocky, uneven and glass everywhere-- though there is a trickle of running water from a spring/well. It would be troublesome to lug stuff (do we want pancakes? coolers? t-shirts?) from the few parking areas (they tow) or on the busses to anywhere we would stay. It seems great for a weekend with a few people, but for the logistics of a KOTR Meet and Greet???

I didn't check out Amnam Park-- but with over 30 (some 2p) routes from 5.7-5.12-- it might be doable. I don't like the sound of the cockroach-like bugs, though, and of course, I have no idea about camping and other facilities?

There's other climbing down South-- Ulsan, Kimhae, Masan. . . I'd be willing to "sacrafice" another weekend and check on these. Anyone else up for it? Nic, I was in Ulsan many years ago, how convienient is that? Probably this will have less folks than end-of-summer, but what's your opinion? How is it for public transport, etc?
The last time I was at geumjangsan (maybe 3 years ago), i saw a big open patch of flat land just above and to the right of the main climbing wall. It could definitely hold 10 - 15 tents. But we might need someone to check it to see if it's still there, if it's possible to reserve and to make sure it's not filled poop and paper...

as for other options, munsusan at maisan is ok but you're camping a little far from the crag. i've never gotten a really good look at the camp sites there so i can't say for sure. there may be other options.

lastly, here's a completely new option, let me know what you think of this:

Saturday: Yeongyeong (camp there)
Sunday: The Bull!

Anyway, that's my vote but I'm open just as along as camping is doable at the crag.

Is it possible for a busan-ite to check out gemjeongsan more thoroughly?

eric
Unread 03-13-2007, 12:49 PM
GARGOLA

Viva Climbing!!!

I Am Still Here!!!

M&g Sound Perfect. I Cant Wait To Get On The Rock Again; Plus It Will Be Really Nice To See All The Kotr People Again.

I Will Give My Vote For Busan (just Because I Haven't Climb There), But I Am Not Aware Of The Conditions There; So Any Place Will Do For Me, As Long As There Is Climbing.

About The Weekend...any Weekend Will Do.

Take Care, And Hope To See Everyone At The M&g
Unread 03-13-2007, 11:31 PM
fall off or jump off. debate? not really

dude... that bull looks crazy!

climbing in ulsan is a blast and all, but not much in the way of camping anywhere near the climbs. and a pain in the arse to get to, although we've made runs to the bottom to pick people up from the bus stop before. it's more of a day trip thing...

i can't wait to go climbing AND camping... woo hoo!!!
Unread 03-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Runner wants to climb now....

Spring Meet & Greet

Hello everyone,

I was in Daegu before. I just moved to Seoul, but still (sadly) have not been to Busan. I'm okay with any destination. I went to the fall meet & greet and had an AWESOME time. I have since bought my own shoes and a harness.

I look forward to seeing everyone again.

I'm excited to climb!
Crystal
Unread 03-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Foreign Devil

warmer sounds like more fun, so i'm hoping for mid-april. i hear down south is warm and beautiful, so i'm eager to check it out. anyone have a slackline we could set up? i'll bring the s'mores stuff and maybe a hacky sack too for party tricks.
Unread 03-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Aggressive Sheep

my vacation plans have been forcefully cancelled (again) so my weekends are more flexible now...but the 14/15th is still my preference. i tried but can't change my vote
Closed Thread