Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 11-15-2005, 08:05 AM
peace

Seoul, Sunday November 20

Some of us are heading to Seoul this weekend. I'd like to get in some climbing in the city Sunday, but I don't feel like lugging a rope and draws on my Fri-Sat socializing/shopping trip

Anyone want to come out and meet us Sunday for some "urban" cragging? 5.7 to 5.13a and ya get to check out a "new" place! NW Seoul near Orange line.
Unread 11-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Jiri Jammer

Yeah I will be there, what time? Also, I have ten draws and a rope. My rope had to be cut so it is about 55 meters, dont let that scare you though.
Unread 11-15-2005, 08:18 PM
peace

I was wondering if you had plans-- I think this is right in your area. We'll probably be staying near Insadong, so we could meet near the crag(s) at Muakjae Station (325), exit 3, at say, 10:00? PM me your phone # in case; mine's listed if you need it. . . pray to the weather gods. . .

Looks like the climbs range from 10-40 meters!! A few have walk-offs; several are 2-pitches. Geez, might have to bring my rope. . . UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE WITH A ROPE COMES?! (hint hint Josh).

Of course, as always, all are welcome. Looks like enough routes for everyone. For the super ambitious with trad gear, there are two unbolted cracks (5.8 and 5.11).
Unread 11-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Desert Climber

Well, if I can convince my wife to go with us you can count me and my 70m rope in.
Unread 11-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Aggressive Sheep

the more the merrier!!
ok, 1 rope for sure (right on ilsanbro!), maybe another (work it sparticus!). if gear will be the deciding factor for those without, i'll bring mine (or make skinsk bring hers ) so that more can join.
come on folks! this may be the last weekend of decent weather!!
Unread 11-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Belay Caddy/Slave

As much as I would like to join you guys that would be really hard from Texas. So I guess you guys will have to find another pack mule Hey rick did you get lat long to the Mokpo Crag?

Michael bribe the wife with a foot rub or something that usually works for me with my wife.

Mike
Unread 11-16-2005, 12:33 AM
peace

Upon reading this thread, I have decided NOT to bring my rope.
"Make me"?!

Seriously, I am going to be running around Seoul, staying with various friends and probably buying a bagful of Indian foods, cheese and the like! Don't feel like hauling a rope from Jeonju along my city tour! (more paneer that way!)

Besides, I climbed much better going lite!

Mike, have a blast, see you, oh, next year probably! Keep in touch! And somehow get us the pics. Post the best ones!
Unread 11-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Jiri Jammer

010-8654-2679
This is my number get in touch with me saturday and let me know what plans are. Also, have you heard of the Nepali restaurant in Dongdaemun Station? mmmummmumumum!
Unread 11-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Eh?

Sunday

Sonia & Crew - I'm keen to join ya all. Unfortunately, I'm ropeless. If we are desperate I could possibly bring Sonia's rope (but it'll be tough to meet with her). Let me know . . .

How about some of the crew from the Seoul area - Heidi, James, Seb - Are you guys interested.

Peter

(Sonia et al - see you at the Muakjae terminal exit 3 @ 10 on Sun.)
Unread 11-16-2005, 10:35 PM
peace

OK, we've got the token Canadian and rope gun! I've been recruiting from the military 'cause we haven't heard from J (and the other SK?) and we're down to the token DOD civilian. Anyung? we could use another female or two. . . I also e-mailed an old Korean friend (well, an old friend, not an old Korean). . .