Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 06-01-2011, 09:44 PM
peace

17 June-5 July mega-road trip

So, in a big push for the book, planning a road-trip during the early summer for Seoul (would be mid-week at Insu and Seonin-- need strong traddies) Jeju (either at the start or end of these dates-- would like to go when Dan is free) and Gangwon-do/Gyeong-buk (Ulleung-do/sport and/or Donghae-Mureung Valley/trad). Who has when off and available for what? I'd like to hit up Soraksan and maybe Yonghwasan, N of Chuncheon. I'll do the paperwork for Seorak. Would be nice to keep things in an orderly way. . . i.e. Seoul, Chuncheon, Seorak (a week, maybe), Donghae, Ulleundo-do or the reverse-- with Jeju on either side.

If you have some free time and can come meet up for all or part-- post any and all available times (and skills). Beginners are, of course, welcome to join, but we need srtrong climbers for photos (and of course, to haul us up the trad routes. . . I may be good for an 8 or 9. . . and I do have a good trad rack). We can help with transport and tentage.
Unread 06-10-2011, 04:03 PM
peace

maybe Jeju 20-23, Donghae 28-29 and Seorak (or Sirubong, near Miryang or even maybe Yonghwasan in N. Gangwon) 25-27 and Seorak on the 30th-July?!?!?. If possible, maybe Yonghwasan (if we didn't hit it). . .or Bukhansan if we can go mid-week? Who is down?
Unread 06-22-2011, 09:43 PM
peace

Looks like we'll be in Seorak this Sat-Monday June 25-27 (we'd love to get some photos Sun and Mon. . . scope and hike in Sat) and back again Wednesday the 29th until whenever.

Tuesday the 28th we will be in Donghae at the Mureung Valley. . . maybe getting there Monday if no-one can join us at Seoraksan.

Both places are trad. Seorak requires permits, so if you're interested, please check my profile and sms or call me or send an e-mail so we can include you. My PMs are pretty full, so call or sms or send an e-mail.