Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 03-30-2011, 11:45 PM
peace

22-24 April, Seonunsan, Meet and Greet

Well, it looks like the masses have spoken and it's easter weekend, April 22-24.

Here are some threads to make it easier for everyone to get organized:

First you need to get there.

Need a place to sleep (or people to sleep with)?

And (especially after climbing), you need to eat!

And while drinking is fun. . . and certainly part of Korean culture and Meet and Greet festivities, there were some problems last year at Seonunsan, so please drink responsibly and keep an eye out for your friends.
We want to leave a good impression with the park, the Koreans who may be camping near us, etc.

I will spread word to local gyms, and get there early (Thursday) to get good campsites and spread the word to others in the vicinity that a bunch of foreign climbers are coming, but it's everyone's responsibility to police themselves and each other. After all, we all want to climb Sunday!!
Unread 03-30-2011, 11:52 PM
peace

Oh, and. . . in anticipating finishing this guidebook SOON! I'll be doing an article on the M&G for US climbing mags. We'll have a photographer (who is willing to show budding photographers "the ropes"). I pitched the idea last summer at the trade show to the editors of Climbing and R&I -- it was going to be the Chuseok road trip, but bad weather, an "accidental" case of road rash, and the like kinda made that not the best article to introduce Korea!

My idea is to have multiple perspectives. To follow several people (7-10?)-- from old hands to newbies etc fro their journey to the M&G. I've never seen an article with 10 authors-- so this would be unique-- and I think it would showcase the community here rather well. Let me know if you are interested in helping put with this. I'd love to have various nationalities and occupations represented.
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Seorak Sender

Sounds awesome, I'm in. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jason
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Spandexed Sportclimber

Sonia!!!! Interested!
Unread 04-06-2011, 10:14 PM
peace

yeah who and what are you bringing?!?! would hardly be a M & G without you (and Les, and Sujin and Jake/shanja). . .
Unread 04-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Halla Hanger

The Kim-Timmermans clan will certainly be in attendance. And we'll drag Gabe with us. The 4-day Easter weekend my school is affording its students has me feeling all tingly inside. I just discovered that, it's as close to a religious epiphany as I'll ever get, I'm assuming.
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Seorak Sender

sorry Sonia, parents have arranged to visit me for that weekend... grrrr
thanks for all the hard work you're doing, can't be easy to sort out the logistics of a thing like this.
looking forward to the guidebook...
Unread 04-18-2011, 07:21 PM
peace

Les, if you can come Thurs PM or Friday, that would be awesome! We are doing photos on Friday and we need climbers. Will be awesome to see y'all!
Unread 04-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Jiri Jammer

Location: Wonji ... or as it's come to be known locally: Wonji-Vegas
I'm in the midst of a job hunt, am running a race Sunday in Jinju and am hoping to see a friend off this weekend, so might miss out this time around. If plans change, I'll let let you know. Would be fun to catch up with folks I haven't seen in a year or two.
Unread 04-19-2011, 11:28 PM
peace

If you are new to Seonunsan, feel free to grab my phone # from my profile if you need help on the way. . . sms if I don't answer-- I'm probably climbing or belaying, and even with my gri-gri I won't take a phone call ! but I will try to answer back ASAP.