Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Gear > Gear Stores

Unread 03-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Seorak Sender

Used bicycle stores/bikes for sale??

Hi all:

I am looking for a bicycle to train on. I am hoping to not spend a lot of money, and it certainly doesn't have to be a top of the line racing bicycle. Does anyone know of any web sites for used gear in South Korea, or of any bicycle shops in Chuncheon, Sokcho, or even Seoul.

Thanks for any assistance that may be offered!!

Brian
Unread 03-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Seorak Sender

Brian,
You could try posting on http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/mtbk/
It's mountain bike based but they might be able to point you in the right direction if it's a roadie you're looking for.

Pete
Unread 03-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Seorak Sender

Pete:

Thanks for the lead- will do.

Brian
Unread 11-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Rope Byrne

I know it's a little late but try beer belly bikers on Yahoo groups. Those guys are always coming and going and upgrading so with 40-50 strong one of them might know something.
Later,
Paul
Unread 11-30-2009, 07:49 PM
peace

There are bike shops all around Korea. . . walk in and if there are used bikes, they'll be there. Some decent locally made bikes can be had new or last season at reasonable prices. Lespo is decent. For places near you, you can ask your employers/coworkers/students/neighbors. . . most Koreans are happy to help. If you know your dong-office (local administrative office) or nearby tourist info/city hall, they usually have someone who can answer your questions and help in English. I've abused these people (all over the country) many times finding climbing gyms, etc, and they are exceedingly helpful! If someone goes exceedingly out of their way, but them a canned coffee as a thanks !
Unread 11-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Jason

Hi,

You will struggle a little on second hand road bikes here. There are a few in some stores in Seoul but they are all high-end group sets that will be in the millions of won category. I will get a list of them however for you and post tomorrow.
http://www.athatb.com/ Sells bikes and equipment online and I have found it to be okay for components, however as like all tech stuff in Korea a little on the pricy side. Have a look.
Sokcho has a bike store that sells road bikes. They are tube shifter bikes that come in around 250-300,000 won new. They are basic, but cycling is more about the motor in many cases. The store is just down from Hi Mart, and next to the door of AP. In addition, down Yangyang's main street there is a bike shop. He will order for you from a catalogue and would be worth a visit.
Depending on your high however, this may be a problem. The largest Korean frame I have seen here is 52CM, which is good for a 5' 8" person.
Neither stores speak English, but the Yangyang chat will be more accommodating than the Sokcho. None the less try both out and see how you go. I hope that has been of some help to you.
Unread 03-25-2013, 12:53 AM
Seorak Sender

bump