Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 09-27-2011, 10:11 PM
aka, The Griz or just Jake

Jademarie,

It's bus #52. Exit the bus stn in Wonju and cross the 'big' street. Look for the bus #52 sign. Get on bus. I did it last year and wasn't hard. Will do it again on Saturday. Not sure what time I'll get to Wonju, but if you want I could find out and meet you there.
Unread 09-28-2011, 12:21 AM
climbing the grid

So, my friend and I will be coming Saturday on the noon train, so we will arrive at Ganhyeon station around 2pm. If anyone is interested in leaving from Cheongyangni at that time shoot me a PM. Would love a ride from the station, as neither of us have been to the park... but we can try to figure it out if necessary. It would be nice to have a map of the area so we know where everything is (in particular our campsite and the climbing areas)

Daum map centered on wonju station:
http://local.daum.net/map/index.jsp?...050&urlLevel=5

Also, there's some news about the station closing/being replaced by nearby Seowonju station. It's unclear when this is going to happen, but the source apparently says that it's supposed to happen sometime in September. So if you can't get to Ganhyeon station, try Seowonju instead.
Unread 09-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Seorak Sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Grizzly
Jademarie,

It's bus #52. Exit the bus stn in Wonju and cross the 'big' street. Look for the bus #52 sign. Get on bus. I did it last year and wasn't hard. Will do it again on Saturday. Not sure what time I'll get to Wonju, but if you want I could find out and meet you there.

Thanks!! I found a website that hinted at it being bus #52 but it's nice to have confirmation

I think I'm gonna be heading out Friday night as I relatively close this time!
Unread 09-28-2011, 08:39 PM
peace

From Ganhyeon Station (where the bus leaves you) just head left through town (town is not much) and stay left under the rail-road tracks and you can see the resort. Follow the main road over river and you'll you can't miss the climbing. Follow the road all the way and you'll get to the campground. It's just across the last bridge. It keeps us a little secluded from the masses. Anyone who gets there early may want to warn Koreans that a lot of foreigners are coming.
Unread 09-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Seorak Sender

We have a car and we will be at the campsite on Friday evening. If anyone's arriving by train on Friday evening, we can pick them up. Same for Saturday morning.

This is our first time to the campground so some info would be good. Is there a particular campsite we should look for? We have a tent, and we would like to put it up near the group.

Our phone #s are 010 8686 8275 or 010 7263 1156
Unread 09-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Halla Hanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsk
From Ganhyeon Station (where the bus leaves you) just head left through town (town is not much) and stay left under the rail-road tracks and you can see the resort. Follow the main road over river and you'll you can't miss the climbing. Follow the road all the way and you'll get to the campground. It's just across the last bridge. It keeps us a little secluded from the masses. Anyone who gets there early may want to warn Koreans that a lot of foreigners are coming.

A note to clarify - As soon as you go under the tracks thru the tunnel, about 4 minutes after leaving Ganhyeon station, the resort will be thru the gates on your right. Once through the gates, follow THAT road all the way until you need to cross the wide river on a bridge. keep walking walking walking crossing over a few more bridges. The campsite is located where you can't possibly walk any further nor cross any more bridges. all in all about a 30 minute walk from the station to the campsite. Enjoy!
Unread 09-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Synthetic Hippie

I am in the Gunsan area and need help on how to get up there. I will not have a long weekend so I will have to hop out early on a train or something sunday about mid-day any help would be much appreciated.
Unread 09-29-2011, 10:45 PM
peace

Matt--when do you get off work Friday?
Unread 09-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Synthetic Hippie

I get off work at 4pm-ish. Shouldn't be too much after 4.
Unread 09-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Seorak Sender

I'm coming from Mokpo in Jeollanam-do,what is the best way to get to Wonju? Would really appreciate info.Thanx!