Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Community > General Chat

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 03-25-2010, 07:37 PM
peace

Meet and Greet Ride Thread

I'll start the thread, but I am carless and I'll probably head down early Fri (or late Thurs if the weather looks sweet).

Anyway, people coming from the cities might carpool-- even renting a car can be a good option. Or meeting and heading out together via bus or train.

You can search via links on the left for trains and busses, or call 1330 (with your area code or 02 for Seoul) and get help in English. You can also post your queries here and someone will help you.

There are a few direct busses from Gwangju, Jeongeup and quite a lot from Gochang. Give yourself time if you're changing from train to bus, though, in the bigger cities (there's no train and just one bus terminal in Gochang).

Camping is good-- there's a youth hostel nearby the camping-- but if you want to get a room you might consider booking early.
Unread 03-31-2010, 01:07 PM
aka, The Griz or just Jake

Anybody know when the last bus leaves Gochang heading to Seonunsan?
Unread 03-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Ground hugger

Yeosu-ites, I'll probably head there early Sat morning & back Sunday arvo. Can fit 3 or 4 others in my car depending on how much gear we all take.

English Teacher, Photographer & Aussie gone walkabout.
Unread 04-01-2010, 01:00 PM
verticalcult

Daejeon Crew (and those from Cheon-an, Gongju, etc), KA and I will be rolling the Rock-sea Musso wagon of wonder from Daejeon on Fri arvo 16th...could be talked into waiting til later if people really need a ride and can't go then. Maybe room for 2-3, depending on how much gear we all take.
Other KOTRers in Daejeon also have a car (Brendan/ Lindsay and Lloyd), so if you need a lift and daejeon is a good place to get a ride from let us know and we'll sort you out.
Unread 04-05-2010, 09:10 AM
The guy who's lost.

So, like what time abouts do you figure you'll be passing Cheonan? Cause I'd totally be down for a ride, and stuff.
Unread 04-05-2010, 01:03 PM
peace

more accomodation than ride. . .

here's a link to the minbaks and hotels if anyone wanted to reserve. . . just click for numbers of the ones you like!

Jake, used to be 8:15. . . but that was a few years ago. . . you might check, but I doubt they'd be less now considering all the development at the park!

Here are some links for Gochang that link to Seonunsan. For some reason I can't link the English page, so you have to go top right and choose language!
Unread 04-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Tim

anyone heading out thursday night or friday morning from down south? I am in geoje and carless. Going to take some busses up if anyone wants to join.
Unread 04-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Seorak Sender

Griz - just checked the Korea travel site from the link on the left and looks like last bus Jeoungeup-Gochang is 9 pm.
Unread 04-05-2010, 08:57 PM
peace

. . . but the last bus from Gochang to Seonunsan is earlier than that. . . there's a jjimjilbang and many love motels in Gochang if you're stuck (though a taxi is probably less than W20,000). . .

Anyone know the direct bus from Gwangju and/or Jeong-eup schedule?
Unread 04-06-2010, 09:54 AM
peace

OK, according to the woman at Korea travel phone (who gathered the info and called me back) the busses from Gwangju to Seonunsan are at 8:50, 10:20, 11:50, 1:15, 2:50 and 4:15 and take about an hour and 20 minutes. The direct busses from Jeong-eup to Seonunsan are at 7:10, 11:00, 1:47, 2:50 and 4:30. . . and take between 40 minutes and an hour.

If you miss one of these there are more frequent busses from both of these places to Gochang. . . but everything ends by evening-time.