Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 03-12-2005, 04:26 AM
Seorak Sender

Hi guys, this website is great. I'm seeking some ideas about what is it like to get to gyms in Seoul. The situation is that I'm preparing to graduate and need to pay off my loan. Obviously, I'm looking to teach English as a way to pay off that loan. My only concern with heading overseas is that my climbing will go down the tubes. This is a big concern, and anyone who trains hard, knows how much effort is take to improve your climbing ability. It seems to me that Seoul has a number of climbing gyms to choose from, but is transportation in Seoul as such that the gyms are hard to get to? Any info of this would be greatly appreciated. Because I'm likely going through a recruiter in Vancouver BC, I'll be able to specify that I would like to go to Seoul. If anyone has also been in this position of uncertainty, let me know how you made out once you where there. I'm booking marking this website as well. Fantastic

Marc
[email protected]
Unread 03-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Seorak Sender

Hi Frank,

There are a number of small gyms around Seoul but most of these are small bouldering gyms in the basement of a building. I have yet to go to an indoor wall but i know at two different gyms that have them. There are at least 4 outdoor walls scattered throughout town (there might be more but i don't know). You'll have to ask someone else about climbing routes. it's my impression that the seoul is mostly trad, but someone else should be able to give you much better info.

The transportation around metro seoul is awesome. it's probably the best public trasportation system i've ever seen and seoul is a big city. Almost everywhere in the city is a short walk or bus ride from a subway stop.

Good Luck,

aaron