Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 05-20-2007, 12:57 PM
So many mountains, but only one life!

Hey, if the girls hadn't had to go and make themselves separatist. . .!

If we could get someone to bring a boombox we could even get some tunes around the boulders. DKM is great climbing music; I used to play it at my old climbing gym!
Unread 05-20-2007, 09:32 PM
peace

split

oh jeezus jake-- can you guys let go one weekend?! send her here and go beat your chest (or wax your asses) or whatever y'all do when there's no common sense around.
Unread 05-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Halla Hanger

It took me a while to find the place on my wall map. Could Yeosu be any further from Seoul?! Excellent. I'll be there.
Unread 05-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Aggressive Sheep

ok fellas...the 'girls' are now talking about invading our weekend. i know, i know...the nerve! though they might just be coming around and realizing that we're not that bad to hang out with.
i'm up for opening the weekend to the ladies, but that probably means we'll have to postpone the drums/war paint/loin cloth ceremony we prepared.
what you say? (the feather has been passed)
-r

Sonia: "wax our asses"???? good lord, is that what you think men do when we get together??? as i learned this weekend, the truly nonsensical thing that (some) men do is play Ro Cham Beau.
Les: excellent name-title-thing!
Jake: excellent avatar! that's going to give me daymares when topping out from now on!
Unread 05-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Jiri Jammer

What are we gonna do tonight Brain???

Same thing we do every night...try to take over the world!

I'm all in! My question Ricardo is this...should we let Adam come to the man trip after this last weekend??? Ha!

BBQing and beaching sounds like a perfect weekend. Nothing makes a weekend better like fire, beer and grunting...except of course a good 'ol fashioned panty raid on the womens camp! TOGA, TOGA, TOGA!!!
Unread 05-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Jiri Jammer

Ric, I will have you know that Ro Sham Bo is an honored tradition. What better way for two men to decide who will get the last beer than to kick each other in the junk?!

Unread 05-22-2007, 07:49 AM
Working it out

Has anyone done the Seoul to Yeosu commute before??? It seems really convoluted unless I'm missing a big travel secret or something.
Unread 05-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Halla Hanger

Nicole, the best bet would likely be train (yongsan to yeosu) - if you are worried about time, you can KTX to Ilsan, then whatever the rest of the way. (Brandon and Terri can confirm, but they are in Hawaii getting married right now...)

I know there are buses that go all the way from Seoul to Yeosu, but if you want to open more options, direct to Gwangju then a connection to Yeosu, or direct to Suncheon. Buses leave Suncheon for Yeosu about every 10 minutes or so.

For folks in Deagu, there are about 6-8 express buses from Deagu to Yeosu. You would be looking at about 3 -3.5 hours.

IIRC, Yeosu is mostly bouldering, but Yeongsa Pokpo (in Gurye) is an easy day trip by train.
Unread 05-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Jiri Jammer

Been checking into trains from Seoul...Seems as though it is a pretty epic trip.. 6.5 hours, does not get in till around 12:30.... and on Sunday the last train leaves at 3:30.... who all is coming from Seoul??
Unread 05-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Ayeishi!

Personally I like the idea of a separatist weekend. Girls on one side boys on the other....of course I'll be joining the boys. All that hot manliness to myself, sans-competition, couldn't be better
Just Kidding! Well, sort of .

Oh sorry....the point of my reply here is actually to get specific information on dates, time, and place of this gathering.