Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 10-07-2006, 12:37 PM
(.)

bouldering seoul

i just left the south and moved to seoul...
it would be nice to meet some folks here to go bouldering.
Unread 10-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Memoriesofkrabi

Hey there Kimcito,

I'm a greenhorn here in the city of Seoul. Completely green as in no shoes yet, nor harness, let alone quickdraws or anything else! ^^... if that scares you to go out bouldering, then don't respond. ^^ But I am interested if you don't mind taking the weak, super-excited-to-go-out-on-the-rock Canadian guy!

I'm around Cheonggyaesan Mountain, out south past Yangjae
Unread 10-24-2006, 12:21 PM
climbergrrl

Hi Kimcito!

Glad to hear you're in the area. Where are you in Seoul? I often climb at Cho Kyu Bok's Climbing Center (조규복의 클라이밍 센터) near Konkuk Uni., which is a great gym (that I will post on the site VERY soon, I promise, everyone!).

But I am also interested in checking out some other gyms like the Crimp (near Dangsan), the Top (near Jamsil) and Ace (near Daerim). I also climb at Son Jeong Jun's gym and Eungbong Wall near Oksu and Eungbong Stations sometimes. It's always great to climb with superstoked people, so if you are superstoked and want a climbing partner, PM me.

미나/Jane, if you are out there anywhere reading this, let's meet up again too, alright? We could all boulder togethah! 문자를 보낼게요!

And, of course, any other stoked climbahs are welcome to join anytime!

Ciao!
Dee/Heidi (the other Heidi - it appears there may be more than one! )
Unread 10-24-2006, 12:26 PM
climbergrrl

And memoriesofkrabi/super-excited-to-go-out-on-the-rock Canadian guy (let's forget about the weak part, who cares?), please come too! Also, let me know it you need help finding shoes, etc...I'm due for a trip to the gear market sometime soon and can try to hook a brothah up.

BTW, I'm not scared to go bouldering without a harness or quickdraws...(hee hee)

Cheers!
Dee

Last edited by climbergrrl : 10-24-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Unread 10-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Memoriesofkrabi

Hey climbergrrl,

thanks for the offer... the wallet is weak right now for a big set of gear, but I'm going to get some shoes from Jake soon I hope as he PMed me last night with an offer of some that he has. But if you're going to Tongdaemun anytime soon, I'd love to go with you just to get the inside skinny on who has good gear in the market and where is good to go.

I'm busy this weekend but am free on weekdays most of the time... I work out of home and have a lot of freetime.

Take care, look forward to hooking up,
Jeff

ps: love your tag!!
Unread 10-24-2006, 02:49 PM
Memoriesofkrabi

Oh update again... Shanja/Jake gave me a update on the shoe situation. They're a little too small for me so I am prowling around the internet sites in Korea here looking for a deal and to get an idea on prices for when I/we go to Tongdaemun. I'll find something and let you know.

Later,
Jeff
Unread 10-27-2006, 07:56 PM
clam digger

Hey, anyone wana go boulderin' tomorrow - insubong perhaps?
p
Unread 10-29-2006, 06:21 PM
climbergrrl

Hey Paul!

Long time, no see!

I just got your message now, too late unfortunately...

I hope that you went to Insubong anyway, because there was a group going that you could probably meet up with.

Do you ever go to any of the climbing gyms in Suwon anymore? I hear there are three there now...Suwon climbing center, Suwon Cruxzone (as opposed to Anyang Cruxzone, a very similar gym) and M2. Haven't been able to find M2 yet, but it's near Suwon St., I think.

Let's hook up sometime...the 'Bong or O2 or wherever!

Cheers!
Dee
Unread 10-30-2006, 08:24 AM
character builder

coming to seoul for this weekend, i hope... bringing a friend with an odd sense of humor who likes hiking & joggin, so i'm trying to convert him to climbing.
i'd like to go bouldering.
who's up for climbing in seoul??

-deborah
Unread 10-30-2006, 10:58 AM
climbergrrl

Hi Deborah!

Some of the grrlz are coming to Seoul this weekend...we are probably going climbing on Sunday, not sure about the venue yet. Would you be interested in climbing, or just bouldering? Indoors or out?

When we have more definite plans, I'll post here. You are welcome to join us if you want to!

Ciao!
Dee