Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 07-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Seorak Sender

New to Daegu, looking for climbers

Hello.. I'm new to Korea and don't know what's out there to climb yet. Any climbers in or around Daegu who could show me some areas? I like to boulder but also have a harness for sport climbs. Email me at [email protected] of you're interested!
Unread 07-23-2006, 06:08 AM
Belay Caddy/Slave

Hey Soraya,

I don't live in Daegu but I have been down there a few times and have freinds that live there. I will probably be heading down there in September to do some climbing so maybe we can get to getther then. Until then there is at least one guy I know who lives there his user name is Jademonkey. He lives in nothern Daegu. If you go into Daegu Power Climbing enough the owner may eventually invite you to go climbing.

As for bouldering that has not really cought on in this country. So get out and explore and post your findings. Just be careful alot of boulders have budist stuff carved into them.

Later

Mike
Unread 09-14-2006, 02:35 PM
sbtraum

Hi Soraya,
Although I'm not really new to Daegu any more, I have yet to get a chance to climb around here. Haven't had time, a partner or known how to get to any of the local climbing areas. If you're interested in trying to link up for a little exploring, e-mail me. I'd love to try to do something in early OCT since the rest of this month is shot for me on weekends. Look forward to hearing from you.
Brady
Unread 09-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Belay Caddy/Slave

Hey Brady,

Sorry I bailed over the long weekend looks like I wont make it down till October. You and Chris should come to the meet and greet it is like almost a streight shot north toward Andong then Wonju then Ganhyeon it is on the blue road atlas that you can get at the PX. Anyway if you really want to get out climbing go to Daegu Power climbing and be nice and climb there a bunch and Mr Pak the older guy that runs the place might ask you to go climbing with them. He is awsome I watched him do a 5.12 like it was nothing.

Later

Mike
Unread 09-15-2006, 11:23 AM
sbtraum

Meet & Greet

Mike,
Thanks. As much as I'd love to come to the Meet & Greet, its my wife's Birthday that weekend and we're going to Seoul. If I tried to get out of that to go climbing, the rest of my tour here would be unaccompanied.
As for going to power climb, do you have any better directions to it than the ones posted on this site?
Thanks,
Brady
Unread 09-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Belay Caddy/Slave

Guess You Want Driving Directions

Hey Brady,

All I have are these:

Jump In a Cab and tell him to go to
Soo-Sung-Sa-Ga
Kyo-Bo-Seang-Myong
This will get you to a large intersection with the Kyobo Insurance Company on one corner, a car dealership on another a eltronics store on the other corner and a SK store on the other corner.
When you are standing with you back to the Kyobo Insurance Builidng the GM Car dealership will be on your right and the electronics place will be on your left front and diagonal the Kyobo Insurance building is the SK Telecom Store. Directly behind the SK Telecom is Power Climbing Gym. Look for a red sign that has a climber on it and go in and down stairs. This is the same as the other Daegu Power Climbing Gym but diferent directions. Print off the map in the direction images and the cab will take you right there.

Bus Directions for Power Climbing can be found here.

http://www.koreaontherocks.com/climb...ea_type%3D3%26

I have never driven there I did take a taxi enough that I could show someone how to get there from K2 but not anyplace else and that was 6 months ago.

I would do the Taxi one time to see where it is and then figure out the driving directions.

There is a map in Hongul that you could show someone they could then maybe give you directions.

http://www.koreaontherocks.com/climb..._nav=1&s ort=

The LAT LONG for it is N 35 Degrees 51.605' E 128Degrees 37.072' the Grid is 52S DE 65498 68497

I can understand the Wife thing mine is ready to kill me because my CSP stuff is messed up.

Later

Mike
Unread 09-18-2006, 09:31 AM
sbtraum

Thanks Mike! I'll give the cab a try and figure it out from there.
Take care, Brady