Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 07-18-2011, 12:52 PM
aka, The Griz or just Jake

Gangwon-do in August

Hey folks,

I've got my Vacation from the 13-25th of August this year and plan on spending the majority of it up in Gangwon-do. Looking for someone to climb Seoraksan or anywhere else during those dates. I can lead 10b and can second 10d. Looking for someone with multi pitch experience.

Cheers,
Jake
Unread 07-22-2011, 07:10 AM
-

Hey dude,

I'm down. We can share the lead. Got experience leading high on 5.10d trad and 6c (5.11b?) with bolts. I got to check with work on the dates, but I should be good to go at least once around then.

Peace -jean
Unread 07-22-2011, 09:29 AM

Hey Jean,

Sounds good. Since I'll be on vaca I can 'work' around your dates. Give me a shout when you know what they are.

Cheers
Unread 08-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Jiri Jammer

Location: Wonji ... or as it's come to be known locally: Wonji-Vegas
I've got a week off at the end of August (the 20th through the 28th) and was thinking of dividing my time between Seoraksan (to climb), Gangneung (to surf) and Ulleungdo (to hike). I'd love to tag along on a climb or two if you wouldn't mind having someone along with relatively limited experience.

I can onsite 10b sport leads and have followed 11a's, but have only climbed multi-pitch three times and those were all bolted sport routes (Chuncle Ridge in Chuncheon and Su U Do off the south coast). I've yet to second a trad route.

Still, I'd be keen to tag along if you're willing to have me.

As an aside (because it's yet to be posted on KOTR), here's a route on Ulleungdo that aiders might be interested in: http://blog.daum.net/wetfog2/574
Unread 08-01-2011, 12:46 PM

Hey Nicco,

That Ulleungdo climb looks sweet. I don't have any trad gear myself so it's dependent on wether one of my friends will be able to join. Also, I'm planning on going to Seoul for the last couple days of my vaca. I'll drop you a line when I know more.

Cheers,
Jake
Unread 08-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Climb<암벽등반>

How about climbing at ByeongPung-Am in Duta mt.

Hello Jake,
I have my day off on Thursday 18th.
I can't go up all the way to Seorak mt. 'cause too far away. How about climbing at ByeongPung-Am in Duta mt(두타산병풍암). If it will work for your schedule, I am down and I am too nice not to bring the full rack of trad gears for ya.
Cheers,
Unread 08-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Seorak Sender

If you're keen on a chick joining in I'd be down. I have my summer camp august 8-29, but there's a 3 day weekend 13-15 (I believe). I've mostly got all of my own gear and a 70m rope if I can travel to dongducheon to pick it back up before we meet.

Not the greatest climber, but do have some experience and enjoy everything about it!

Kayla
Unread 08-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Jiri Jammer

Location: Wonji ... or as it's come to be known locally: Wonji-Vegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Grizzly
Hey Nicco,

That Ulleungdo climb looks sweet. I don't have any trad gear myself so it's dependent on wether one of my friends will be able to join. Also, I'm planning on going to Seoul for the last couple days of my vaca. I'll drop you a line when I know more.

Cheers,
Jake

Sounds like our paths may not cross then as I won't likely make it to Sokcho until the night of the 21st. Keep me posted all the same though, just in case.

Cheers,

Nick
Unread 08-07-2011, 11:38 AM

Hey Nicco,

No worries. If you do happen to make it up to Sokcho a little earlier get in touch for a Seoraksan climb.

@ Kayla,

I've got no issues about climbing with chicks, just so long as you can give a solid belay and are down for a few beers afterwards! I won't be able to climb until the 14th since I'll be riding my motorcycle up there on Saturday. We could go to Ganhyeon or the ridge in Chuncheon. Asi for gear, do you have draws and a sling?

@ Dong-il,

Perfect!

Cheers