Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 05-02-2011, 09:51 AM
peace

6-8 May Busan

We especially need trad climbers for some photos on Buchae bawi Sunday, and maybe some "hard" climbers for the sport climbs on the other side.

I'd love to stay near Geumjeongsan-- so we can drive up in the morning without driving through the country-- Jean has a lot of camera gear!! anyone live in the area who can put up a couple of climbers (or more)?

It's near Daeryeokbong for those who want to jump on short, sweet sport routes!
Unread 05-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Seorak Sender

hey there.
I've been in the country for a few weeks and finally, starting saturday, will have 1 week to climb before i move on. I'm based out of Utah and am traveling with a full rack, camping gear, and rope but do not have a car or cell phone, nor do I speak Korean. I would love to climb from the 7th until I have to fly out on the 14th. Can I help or participate in some way?
brody
brodyleven.com
Unread 05-03-2011, 06:17 PM
peace

Hi Brody! Where are you now? I'll be leaving for Busan (from Jeonju) Thursday PM. If you can get to Jeonju, I might be able to hook you up with some climbers Thursday (Naomi and Joe, do you see this?!?!) and then you can drive down with me Thurs. What have you got for camping? Do you climb trad?
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Seorak Sender

hey there!
i have a 2-man tent, stove (but I'd need butane canisters if this needs to be used)...the works.
yep! I climb trad for sure!
And unfortunately I can't get out of Seoul until Saturday--I'm working here until then.

Thanks for the reply and let me know if you think Busan is the place I should head (my guidebook mentions 2 hostels down there, but I'm not sure where teh climbing is and where they are in relation to it).
Unread 05-04-2011, 04:39 PM
peace

Looks like Sunday we will go to a "Grand Opening" ceremony for a sea-cliff. I'm not exactly siure where this is, but I trust dong-il to get us there. . .
Unread 05-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Seorak Sender

If your talking about climbing in/around Busan this weekend Im definitely interested I can follow trad and sport climb some (though Im a bit out of shape). However I don't know where Daeryeokbong or Geumjeongsan is...
Unread 05-05-2011, 02:12 AM
peace

Geumjeongsan is in the middle of the city (you can catch a shuttle bus up the mountain from Oncheonjang Station). Not sure where Dong il is taking us Sun, but somewhere in/around Busan. You are most welcome to join. When would you be coming in? What do you have for climbing/camping?
Unread 05-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Seorak Sender

I'm trying to catch a really early train from Seoul on Saturday, but I have no idea if I'll have time to get to a hostel, leave my stuff there, and get Geumjeongsan before it's too late to climb with everyone. Any opinions on the feasibility of this?
Unread 05-05-2011, 08:24 PM
peace

Head from the station to the mountain. Bring your stuff to Geumjeongsan, you can throw what you don't need in the car and stay with us Saturday night. Looks like we're camping or winging it.
Unread 05-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Seorak Sender

Looks like I have to go to seoul this weekend. so bummed.