Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 09-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Globe-crusher

Cool Back in the RoSK

On the 15th of Sept my flight touches down at Incheon Airport and from that point I have one month to travel around, get back to the good spots, discover new ones, chill with all the cool people I already met and meet plenty more. Who out there wants me to swing through their town for some crushing? If you're wanting to work hard stuff, I'll hang the draws for you. If you're working really hard stuff, you can hang the draws for me
=Kris
Unread 09-09-2010, 10:58 PM
peace

Fuckin' A! Sept 17-27 I'm off for the big Korean Holiday. . . plans are in the works-- about 10 of us heading to Seoraksan for some multi-pitching! You're welcome to join all or part most everyone is on from Tuesday Mon and Fri are not "official" holiday, but most people get Fri as a bridge day.

Otherwise, I haven't changed bike or key codes, and you're welcome to crash back here^^
Unread 09-09-2010, 11:01 PM
peace

Btw

where are you coming from?
Unread 09-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Seorak Sender

busan is calling your name.
Unread 09-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Climb<암벽등반>

How's ur leg? Come down to Busan. Tons of good stuff for you.
Unread 09-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Globe-crusher

I've been having a blast so far, but now it's time to get out of Seoul and hit some new areas. I've already heard that Opera House is shut down. What are the top 5 MUST CLIMB crags in SK (other than Seonunsan)? I'm headed to Sokcho tomorrow to meet Will and his crew and put in a few days there, no plans for the 10 days after that. Suggestions?? Is Busan really calling me back? I even have a phone for this visit so hit me up if you can because internet access will be limited (I don't like PC bangs/bongs whatever). 010-8680-2618
Unread 09-26-2010, 04:12 PM
peace

Kris,

Seoraksan requires permits now, and they ask you apply 3-15 days in advance. I posted English translations on a thread under "climbing chat". Technically this applies to Ahgulbawi, too, and permits can be picked up at either ranger station.

Do you have trad gear? If you want trad-- Mureung Valley!! It's not far from Sokcho, and has some stellar cracks, with only the occassional bolt. Heading south, there are some amazing climbs at Yuhaksan (between Waegwan and Daegu). . . heading further South towards Busan there's Bueongsae for fun long sport. For more remote (read: long approach) but also fun and amazing climbs near Miryang (maybe Dong-il is free during the week?:-) Sirubong.

If you're heading this way, I have Friday's off, and would be happy to show you Yongseo, Horangsan or Daedunsan.

Can you be more specific about what you want (sport, trad, single or multi-pitch, easy approach or secluded and beautiful)?. . .

How long are you 'round?
Unread 09-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Tim

listen to dong-il! he knows all the sweet spots. Geoje is not to be forgotten but i might not be able to help you there. My sister might be able to belay you if you don't give her a hard time for not knowing what she is doing. She hasn't dropped me yet, so there's always that.
Unread 10-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Climb<암벽등반>

hey Sonia, Bueongsae crak was permanently closed to climbing. Sad news!!! We had tried to persuade the restaurant owner for a long time but all our efforts were in vain... Forget about the crack....