Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 10-21-2008, 11:53 PM
send train

One day of FA's BUSAN Nov 25 (Sat)

My crash pad gets here tomorrow! That means that this Saturday will be the first day of official bouldering development.

I've chosen to go with an area above NamSanDong 남산동. It has about a 30 min approach from the bus stop. The first two thirds of the hike are actually paved so it's not too bad. I think this will be a good first place to develop because of it's variety. There will be plenty of V0's for newbies, and harder problems too. If more pads show up there are a few beautiful highballs. It is the longest approach of any area I've found but I think it should be worth it. I'll meet at Jangjeon Dong 장전동 subway at 10:00 A.M. Exit on the west side (facing the big mountain). The bus will pick us up there.

If you have a pad bring it. If not, don't worry. Aside from that just bring enough food and water. A camera wouldn't hurt either so we can document this place for KOTR. If you want to go, but this time doesn't work out just let me know. We'll figure something out.

What you can expect.. A variety of problems with a few overhangs too. Mostly low ball with a few exceptions. There will be a great warm up wall with 10 to 15 lines on it. I've already cleaned up a few of the more classic lines, And I'm hoping to get about twenty good problems out of the day if my arms hold up. There is a ton of potential here, but I'm not sure how long the first 20 will take.

Even if no one shows, Feliz and I will be up there, and I'll try to get some pics up.
Unread 10-22-2008, 12:05 AM
send train

OH CRAP!!! I MEANT OCTOBER not November!!!
Unread 10-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Climber of Rocks

Hey, I haven't crushed the short stuff in a while. I'd be down to come play with you guys. I'm in Ulsan, so I can make that meeting time no problem. I don't have a pad, but I have LOTS of experience spotting! Do you know what number exit to take? Or should I just meet you guys/girls in the station itself?
Unread 10-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Halla Hanger

will you be climbing on Sunday too?
Unread 10-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Climber of Rocks

I'm down for both days depending on how much of a beating I take on Saturday.
Unread 10-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Seorak Sender

HI, ok that sounds cool. I will bring my cam and my new lens ;-) and maybe the cleaning girl from my hotel room will borrow me a brush.
Unread 10-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Seorak Sender

Hey so what line is Jangjeon Dong subway on and what would be the proper exit to meet at be?
Unread 10-22-2008, 10:07 PM
send train

There are only two exits on the west side. There are brick benches in between the two exits so it doesn't really matter which one you go out. It's line one or the orange line. I'll be the guy with the crash pad. I'm going to be looking at some other potential areas on Sunday, but I will be doing this almost every weekend that the weather permits. The areas will probably change regularly, but I'll be heading back to this spot again. If there are more people willing to climb Sunday I could probably lend out the pad.
Unread 10-23-2008, 02:19 PM
send train

We just got hit with some rain. It's not supposed to rain anymore after tonight. The area seems to be well drained, but what do people think about waiting until Sunday to give it one extra day to dry? I can always use Saturday to check out the other potential areas.
Unread 10-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Climber of Rocks

Personally, I was thinking about hitting some trad/mixed stuff on Sunday, that is, if I can lure someone into my cam-web. I'd be down to hit it on Saturday. It's a little more dangerous to trad vs boulder when stuff's a little wet, but if people are down, I'm padless and parnterless. I'm like a sheep!