Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 09-30-2008, 12:26 AM
send train

Thinking about going to Seoul on Oct 3-5

My plans for Jeju-do on this 3 day weekend got shot down since I didn't buy tickets in advance. Now I'm thinking about Seoul. Would anyone be down for a day of bouldering if my girlfriend and I came? And is there a store that has a pad in stock right now? Maybe O2 world? I wouldn't mind checking out the river bed boulders. Are there any good but cheap hotels in that area? I don't want to fork out more than 30,000 a night.
Unread 09-30-2008, 03:13 AM
breaking in my skin

There are plenty of cheap sex motel in Seoul. I'd offer you my place to crash in, but it's the size of a closet and I'm guessing you and the girlfriend would want some privacy.

Don't know about buying pads, but if pad people are heading out and the weather holds, then I'm definitely interested in seeing the river beds again.
Unread 09-30-2008, 09:47 AM
mastering the pull-up

If you want to stay right in Uidong, there is a pretty nice hotel called Blue Moon or something that my husband and I stayed at last year. It's not super cheap (I think 40-50) but it was all we could find b/c we were tired and needed a place to park the car. BUT, it was really nice! Big glass bathroom with an awesome shower (one of those with about 8,000 different sprayers) big tv and I think even a computer and internet. It's just at the bottom of the main road with all the shops on it and around the corner I think.
Unread 09-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Pebble wrestler

hey-not sure what the rest of the bouldering crew is up to on this long weekend, but I would be down to head out...!!I was going to go to Busan but decided to stay local or maybe go somewhere on a daytrip. Yeonsinnae has some great boulders, with new lines being put up almost daily by the studly guys I get to climb with...tssstssstsss!!!. I have a crash pad, so let me know if you and your girlfriend want to head out! (the river beds are also pretty decent). I would also offer my place to crash, but I don't think I can really comfortably accommodate more than 1 extra person...sorry! Let me know what you think about the weekend-and hopefully everyone else who wants to join is of course, super welcome.

By the way, depending on the weather, I would love to maybe head out for a paddle along the Han river one day this weekend (yes...there are some kayaks in Seoul!), OR...if anyone wants to head out LONGBOARDING, I have one board (with a bike to tow-we could take turns, of course...). Longboarding is super fun, and there are some pretty decent hills to bomb-especially if you are a beginner...could also do an early early morning street mission..!! If anyone's interested in the above, just send me a PM!! Take care-

Michelle
Unread 10-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Danielle: peek-a-boo anticipation

I have never been climbing in the Seoul area, but I would like to on Saturday... Sport or Trad Climbing at Insubong or another area... what do you say?
Unread 10-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Pebble wrestler

interested in bouldering? I don't have all the necessary gear for sport/trad...
Unread 10-01-2008, 11:22 PM
send train

just got my tickets! Saturday may work out fine, as long as it's bouldering. I'm not bringing my trad rack with me, and i've never been a huge fan of sport climbing.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO SELL A USED PAD OR KNOWS A SHOP THAT HAS A NEW ONE IN STOCK LET ME KNOW. I'll be in town all day Fri, Sat and Sunday.
Unread 10-01-2008, 11:23 PM
send train

just got my tickets! Saturday may work out fine, as long as it's bouldering. I'm not bringing my rack with me, and i've never been a huge fan of sport climbing.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO SELL A USED PAD OR KNOWS A SHOP THAT HAS A NEW ONE IN STOCK LET ME KNOW. I'll be in town all day Fri, Sat and Sunday.