Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 08-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Masa Onda

Smile September 1 to September 26th: Climbing trip

Dear KOTR members

Hello, this is Masayuki Onda, a 27 year old Japanese male climber. I am going to start a 1 and a half year trip from Japan to New Zealand w/o using air planes and am scheduled to be in South Korea from September 1 to September 26th. My first destination is Busan and that would be great if anyone of you have time to climb and chill out with me anytime during my visit.

I will be stay at the Youth hostel from September 1 for a few nights, so you can contact me or leave a message. Here is the address and the phone number of the hostel:
__________________________________________________ ___________
# Blue Backpackers Hostel
# #106Bld.# House No.1802 Gyoung-Nam Apt., Beomcheon 2dong, Busan.
# +82-51-634-3962 / +82-19-272-3962
__________________________________________________ ___________

I love all styles of climbing, but I will do bouldering and sport climbing since I am unlikely to bring heavy climbing gears (I haven't decided what I'll bring yet though).

I am clueless about Korea, but I am eager to interact with as many people as possible so please feel free to drop me a note.

Have a good day.

Masa (Masayuki Onda)
P.S. I will be in the mountains to avoid heat next 3 weeks, but will definitely check KOTR prior to my departure.
Unread 08-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Climb<암벽등반>

Absolutely, happy to help you. Contact me when you get here.
Unread 08-01-2008, 07:13 PM
verticalcult

Hey! We will definitely see you when you get here. I will be working again then, but on weekends it'll be great to climb and chill. Lot's to do!
Jake and Kyung Ah
Unread 08-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Lindsey

You're welcome to stay at my apartment! I live in Jeonju, which is within 1.5 hours of Maisan, Seununsan, Yongseo Pokpo, and Dae-a-ri!
Unread 08-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Masa Onda

Looking forward to seeing you all

Many thanks for replying to my message. I occasionally checked the KOTR website last week but had got no time to post my message til just now.

Doin-il san, thank you for your suggestion. I am likely to go to the Busan climbing center on September 1st to warm up. I could find the phone number, the map, and the direction posted by skinsk, so I presume that with a help of my hostel staff and local people I can manage to make it on my own.)

Shanja san, I am looking forward to meeting you soon. I will definitely go to the KOTR autumn meet and greet, so will keep an eye on the schedule of it. Any forms of climbing such as "Bong" (multi pitch?) and traditional climbing are welcome.

lkiehn san, thank you for your offer. Even though I am scheduled to be in Korea for about a month, I can extend my stay to check as many climbing area as possible because of the 90 day visa. I am confident to climb with you sometime soon.

I am free in Korea, so please let me know if you have time for climbing. I think I can make an adjustment to your schedule.

Take it easy.

Masa (Masayuki Onda)
P.S. it's been raining outside for last three days and would keep on raining until I leave here. I hope it will be dry and cool this Autumn.
Unread 08-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Lindsey

If you want to climb mid-week, I am free on Wednesdays after 11 am. I think I've posted this three times now, so if anyone is free please come climb with me!!
Unread 08-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Climb<암벽등반>

Welcome to Busan Masa,
I can accompany you to the gym on Sep 1. I think I'll be leaving office around 4pm on Monday. You might wanna give me a call and meet up or just meet me at Yeonsan subway station exit no 1 at 6pm.
Unread 08-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Masa Onda

Smile Noted

Thank you for your reply. lkiehn san, I am afraid to tell that I am planning to give a hand to Skinsk san and Dong il san for finishing up their topo at the first priority, and I guess that it will be finished by the middle of this October. I might be able to show up at the Jeonju station if I have off on Wednesdays, so I will let you know when I have talked with them. I have one question, is Jeonju the city in Jeollabuk-do and 10 km south east from Iksan?

Dong il san, I love your idea. I will see you at Yeonsan subway station exit no 1 at 6pm (Just in case you have to work overtime and cannot show up on time , no worries. I will go to the Busan climbing center on my own and kill time until you show up) Could you please let me know your cell phone number by writing to my private email account([email protected])?

FYR, I won't have an internet access from tomorrow so might not be able to reply to you soon, but will try to check the KOTR.

Have a good night

Masa (Masayuki Onda)
Unread 08-28-2008, 12:10 AM
Climb<암벽등반>

Let's meet at Yeonsan subway station exit no 1 at 6pm. I'm sure I can meet you up there. You can check my cell phone number on my personal profile here. See soon~
Unread 08-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Aggressive Sheep

masa, you have the correct Jeonju (there's great climbing around there).
on a separate note; if you put your email address on a forum, "bots" will collect your address and sell/give it to spammers. you can trick them by writing your address like this: username AT domain DOT com.
i'll see you at the meet & greet!
-r