Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 03-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Seorak Sender

Hi, is there anyone in Seoul looking for a climbing partner? I'm British, 33 years, looking for someone who can show me the local crag and climb the odd weekend. Got a full rack, plus rope and ice gear. Happy leading, but climbing intermediate at present as not climbed for over 6 months and need to get back into it, before I start pushing it again! Have transport also so be great to get out to some of the outlying stuff if you're out of Seoul city.

Would love to hear from anyone who fancies a climb.

Scotty.
Unread 03-08-2005, 11:13 AM
climbergrrl

Hi Scotty,

If you ever need a climbing partner, give me a shout. I don't think I am quite at your level from the sounds of it (what do you mean by intermediate?), but I really do want to become a strong climber, and am interested in training harder and learning trad climbing. I live just outside of Seoul and also just started ice climbing this past year, and usually sport climb in the 5.10 range, although it's been a few months since I last climbed (due to travelling).

Where are you at? Hopefully, I will be able to hit the outdoor wall at Eungbong-dong this weekend, and start getting back into shape. :) If you can come on either Saturday or Sunday afternoon, that would be great. Otherwise, maybe we can hook up another time.

Heidi

Unread 03-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Jiri Jammer

G'day mate

Soon as the weather turns warm enough to head outside I'm super keen. I'm a student here so pretty much whenever suits me, I have all my own gear (no rack yet though) and in my stronger days climbed a 20/21 Australian (5.9/10a yosemite, 5bish in your numbers I think - really not sure :-)

Just started back indoors last night and I am now officially superweak, look forward to getting strong again.

gimme an e-mail or a bell on 010-5844-3001 if evr you're keen.

Colin
P.S. same goes for anyone who sees this - have time will climb :-)
Unread 03-13-2005, 09:28 PM
peace

Hello all,

I am just settling into Jeonju-- will check out the gym this week. Next weekend I'm heading to Seoul (my home 98-01)to get some stuff and visit old friends, and my old gym. . .

Just a heads up if anyone's heading out this way and needs a place to stay or partner for Sununsan. I'd also like to try some of the "new" (to me, at least) places around here.

I have long weekends (Thus PM to Mon Afternoon) so there's a strong inclination for me to travel, especially the middle/lower half of the penninsula.

Don't have a phone yet, but I'll update my profile when I do.
Unread 03-13-2005, 09:30 PM
☆★☆★☆★☆★

Welcome to the site and thanks for the offer to crash in Jeonju!

I'm in daejeon and itching to get back to seonunsan soon! Do you have a car?

later
eric