Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 08-15-2007, 10:33 AM
tinker bell

This weekend

Well so far it looks like the rain gods are not playing nice for this up coming weekend. The only places i see as of now with out rain are Pusan, Ulsan, and Cheju. I know there were some plans for the none girls weekend people to be going to Ganhyung possibly and another possibility for Insubong but as it stands right now i think those are going to be bust... anyone have any suggestions
Unread 08-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Steadily growing stronger...

Near but Not With

Mike,

I think I have a very "middle school lunch" solution. At lunch, in middle school, all of the students eat in the same cafeteria, but the boys and girls sit at different tables.

Maybe we should make Busan the cafeteria... You, me, and whoever else who happens to be in Busan and has male genitalia could go climbing in Busan, while the girls do the same, albeit in some other area or whatever.

To the ladies: I am not trying to piss on your turf, and I promise not to talk to you, acknowledge your presence, or do anything else that might ruin estrogen levels.

Any thoughts?

Kris
Unread 08-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Working it out

According to weather underground, the weather in Daegu, Daejeon, Pohang, Yeosu, and Seonunsan all look good with 0-30% chance of rain. The forecast in a gym is always 100% rain-free. Busan isn't the only place to climb this weekend.

Obviously, we can't stop you dudes from climbing anywhere. But if you come to Busan, the dynamic for our Women of the Rocks weekend WILL be different. Funny how there was so much crap being tossed our way because we wouldn't be able to get such a weekend organized and NOT need the assistance of you boys, but we DID get it organized and we DON'T need you and you still want to follow us to Busan. I (and Amanda, Jenn and the rest of the women) don't want this to become a source of contention in our fun KOTR community. But since the weather WILL be SOLID at other GOOD non-Busan crags, why not try somewhere else and leave Busan to us?

If you do, I personally promise to get video of us making out and having pillow fights in our underwear. Sounds like a win-win to me.
Unread 08-16-2007, 07:53 PM
mastering the pull-up

Well...

If those are the feelings, then I guess Kris and I will stay away from Busan. That sucks, because I was hoping to join the girls for climbing and beach time. Oh well. Hope you guys have fun. Oh, and Kris won't need a copy of that video... he's happy with what he has.
Unread 08-16-2007, 08:38 PM
mastering the pull-up

I just realized, maybe Kris didn't make it clear... but he wasn't talking about going climbing in the same area as the girls at all. I was going to come with the girls and he and Mike would have gone to a totally different crag/area. He gets enough estrogen living and working with me. I don't think he wants any more!
Unread 08-16-2007, 09:28 PM
peace

Funny, cuz this thread was started by a *gulp* guy!

Quote:
Obviously, we can't stop you dudes from climbing anywhere. But if you come to Busan, the dynamic for our Women of the Rocks weekend WILL be different. Funny how there was so much crap being tossed our way because we wouldn't be able to get such a weekend organized and NOT need the assistance of you boys, but we DID get it organized and we DON'T need you and you still want to follow us to Busan. I (and Amanda, Jenn and the rest of the women) don't want this to become a source of contention in our fun KOTR community. But since the weather WILL be SOLID at other GOOD non-Busan crags, why not try somewhere else and leave Busan to us?

Busan is a huge city. . . men will be climbing there this weekend!. . . if you don't see each other. . . do you just sense their presence in the city and let it ruin your day?

Quote:
If you do, I personally promise to get video of us making out and having pillow fights in our underwear. Sounds like a win-win to me.

OK, now I'm glad I'm not there. Didn't really like the 'hook up'/alcohol bent direction KOTR more recently veers in, and while I consider myself pretty open-minded, if I am making out, I prefer it with a guy-- and no cameras. Exploiting sexuality for it's own sake. . . we don't need you-- but if you wanna se me in my panties welcome. . .not cool!

Damn, what happened to the fun (Ricky!! Yats! We need the irreverence/goofiness!). . .

Quote:
If those are the feelings, then I guess Kris and I will stay away from Busan. That sucks, because I was hoping to join the girls for climbing and beach time. Oh well. Hope you guys have fun. Oh, and Kris won't need a copy of that video... he's happy with what he has.

Kris. . . there are more opportunities for women-only and mixed groups. . . low key! I'd love to do a long weekend mountaineering women's trip in NGyeong. . . and looks like trips south to Mokpo (I know, not so easy for you!) will be mostly women . . . though I'm always happy to include Brandon at least for carrying heavy things. . . from my car to the climbing area. . . then he can zoom off on his bike (and take Kris should he come). Well, we might feed him(them) beforehand.
Unread 08-16-2007, 09:46 PM
Working it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsk
OK, now I'm glad I'm not there. Didn't really like the 'hook up'/alcohol bent direction KOTR more recently veers in, and while I consider myself pretty open-minded, if I am making out, I prefer it with a guy-- and no cameras. Exploiting sexuality for it's own sake. . . we don't need you-- but if you wanna se me in my panties welcome. . .not cool!

Sonia, I was kidding. I really don't think anyone took it seriously--not even Jess.
Unread 08-16-2007, 09:58 PM
peace

Quote:

Again--you don't mince words! It's not hard to see where folks might get the wrong idea. . .
Quote:
esp as your post followed Kris(who is obviously and happily!! married)'s suggestion to Mike who started the thread! I#m impressed because he did acknowledge the women's plans
Quote:
To the ladies: I am not trying to piss on your turf, and I promise not to talk to you, acknowledge your presence, or do anything else that might ruin estrogen levels.
. . . he's trained well
Unread 08-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Jiri Jammer

Wow. So, umm, I'm not going to Busan anymore, because I'm a bit of a drama-phobe. 14 hours is a long round trip to a place which may or may not be filled with it.

If anyone's doing anything else, preferably in the southwest corner of the country, give me a holler and I'd love to join in!
Unread 08-16-2007, 11:10 PM
mastering the pull-up

Warm fuzzy feelings....

Yikes, this got outta hand! For the record, Nicole and I are good friends! Neither Kris or I are offended or anything like that. Let's just all be happy and friendly and get out on the rocks! OK? I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, where ever they go and whoever they are with! Just be safe and have fun!