Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 09-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Jiri Jammer

Van! Bring Mum!!
Unread 10-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Seorak Sender

lol. uhhhhhh... i'll think about it. i might come out i need some louise time, you know. lol.
Unread 10-01-2010, 11:31 AM
velocity girl

wow! for some reason, i didn't get notified about these responses by e-mail! so i thought no one had responded! but you guys rock! i can't wait to see you this weekend!^^

sooooo...

van, for sure, bring your mum!^^
louise, the forecast is for rain on saturday afternoon. do you want to say campsite boulders at insubong if it looks sunny and maybe then we can hit a nearby gym if it rains instead? as theresa said, art gym in jongno and tnf gym in suyu are close by. i know that a number of people will probably be in tnf gym if it rains.^^
skinsk, i'm sorry because i don't skype (yet, but will when i get a new laptop^^), and i'm not sure that it would be easy to skype in a restaurant, but we'll keep you guys posted anyway, okay?^^
danielle, we will definitely put you down for some activities like food making and such...^^
gabe and wheelis, hope to see you guys out there...

ALSO, any ideas about where to meet in hyehwa? has anyone found a restaurant that they really like there? (i'm a fan of the jubilee chocolaterie there, but that's just me...don't know how many others like chocolate for dinner...^^)

SO, if it doesn't rain, i think i'm going to hit the campsite boulders on insubong (unless you want to take a chance on hiking around buramsan, louise?) if it rains, i'll probably hit tnf gym in suyu or art gym in jongno. ANYONE is welcome to join me or if you have other plans, maybe you can post them here so that others can join you too, if you/they want.

hope to see lots of you there!^^

'it doesn't have to be fun to be fun'. (alpinist heading up 'the south african' route in patagonia)
Unread 10-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Halla Hanger

With the chances of yet another rainy weekend, I propose meeting at Hongik station and making for Astroman bouldering gym. cheap fees, great variety of walls, and super open feel would suit it for a group sesh. As well as its proximity to great and varied restaurants (mexican, nepalese, galbi, antarctican, kraze) and keeping in mind the night scene opportunities, its a one-stop shopping destination. Hows about meeting at the station around 3pm saturday?
Unread 10-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Jiri Jammer

Suwon and Dongtan are planning on representing this weekend! Yesss!

The forecast for Wonju is clear tomorrow. (right?) Early Gahnyeon session anyone?

Oooeee… I just got another idea! The new Kolon Sport Gym just opened! (old O2 world) We can try hitting up some boulders, if the weather poops on us we can check out the new gym. They have sport and bouldering. Huh..huh?

I’m not sure what I’m gonna to do tomorrow… Gahnyeon OR Boulders/KS gym.
Unread 10-01-2010, 01:44 PM
velocity girl

sounds like we've got lots of climbing options! sweet! once someone decides, they can just post and let others join in the fun!^^

most importantly though, where will we EAT after all the climbing is done?^^ if people want hongdae, i vote for mexican (on the border/???) or kath introduced me to a nice nepalese place between hongdae and sangsu stations, maybe a 5-10 minute walk from either station... if people want hyehwa, please suggest a place...i know very few restaurants in hyehwa...T.T

'it doesn't have to be fun to be fun'. (alpinist heading up 'the south african' route in patagonia)
Unread 10-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Jiri Jammer

How bout meeting at Suyu station at 8am on Sat morning to head to Insu boulders? Ive no boulder mat though, so if somebody could help me eliminate the bruise factor, that would be awesome.
Unread 10-02-2010, 12:16 AM
velocity girl

okay, the forecast says it's not raining till 6 p.m.-ish...

louise and i are hitting the insu boulders. we will be meeting at suyu st. exit 1 at 0800h, coffees and bouldering pads in hand/on back... give a shout if you want to join (010-8181-5015).

if we do happen to get caught in the rain, we'll likely head to kolon sports o2 world (whatever it's now called) in uidong.

MEETING FOR DINNER IN HYEHWA AT 7! that's what we got the most votes for doing. see you guys out there, i hope!^^

Unread 10-02-2010, 05:55 PM
velocity girl

so the others know this indian restaurant in hyehwa that they would like to go to, but as i said, i personally don't know the location, so for all of you folks checking this thread, please show up at hyehwa st. between 6:45 or 7 (you can call me at 010-8181-5015 if you are running a little late or early) and people will be there to show us the way. i understand that this is rather loosely organized but still hope that you guys will make it out! hope to see you soon!^^