Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Community > General Chat

Unread 09-04-2008, 07:35 PM
verticalcult

Autumn 2008 Meet and Greet Accommodation Thread

So post here if you have extra tentage, need extra tent space (you lack a tent) or if you wanna hook up with others and share a min-bak (cheap private 1 room for rent Korean style thing). I have 1 bivvy sack I could loan out if you want it...it's a sickly bright green, but cozy and simple to use.
Jake
Unread 09-07-2008, 03:11 PM
breaking in my skin

Shaun (buttman) and I are interested in the minbak idea as we lack both tent and sleepingbags.

I've found websites saying they're there, but none offer contact info. I'm assuming they're easily accessible and we can just show up, yes?

Others are welcome to join.
Unread 09-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Seorak Sender

I face the same problem (neither tent nor sleeping bag) so I'ld like to join you.
If you have any new information please let me know.
Unread 09-08-2008, 12:36 PM
peace

There are many minbaks and cheap hotels near the entrance of the park, not so far from the camping. It's definitely nice to be camping and close to the big scene though, so check for extra tent space. . . it might be possible to borrow camping gear from Korean coworkers or classmates-- camping is a pretty common family thing here. . . also, a big tent can be had on G-market (internet shopping site available in English and easily used by foreigners, though the camping equipment is only in Korean) for W40,000 or so. It'll pay for itself in one night. Camping equipment at the big-box stores and traditional markets (Dongdaemun comes to mind) is relatively cheap here, and if you plan to be in Korea and climb here, it just makes sense. My W35,000 single tent has paid for itself 100X over in the past 3+ years!
Unread 09-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Seorak Sender

Hi,

im glad that Dong Il will pick me up in Changwon, so im joining the Meet and Greet.

So long i dont have a tent and no sleeping bag with me. But if the weather stays as warm as it is, it will be no problem for me to sleep outside...maybe i get a cheap sleepingbag someware in town.

looking forward to next weekend Philipp
Unread 09-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Climb<암벽등반>

I have coupla sleeping bags, however, I'm definitely staying at minbak 'cause I spent too much time sleeping outside years ago( tired of sleeping outside ), but I'll bring sleeping bags and a tent(for four) for anyone who needs them.
Unread 09-18-2008, 01:28 AM
peace

I just bought a new sleeping bag, so my old one (a cheap summer bag with lots of holes-- maybe good for this weekend if the weather holds!!) is up for grabs for the first person who says "I want it".

I also got new shoes, and have a pair of old shoes (mad rock) with lots of holes. . . also willing to bring if anyone wants these (first to say I want them gets them, though I maybe climbed one to many days and they may not be resole-able; they've been resoled once). . .
Unread 10-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Seorak Sender

New to Korea

I have some of my rock climbing gear here. I just need to purchase a rope. I have my bag. My girlfriend and I just need a tent and two sleeping bags which we will purchase. It was just too much to travel with.
Anyway, new to Korea and looking to meet some fellow hikers, tenters and climbers.
I am also on facebook at [email protected]
I look forward to meeting some new people here.