Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Community > General Chat

Unread 09-01-2008, 06:17 PM
peace

Meet and Greet Ride Thread!

I know Dong-il plans to leave Busan on Friday. . . I'll be in Sununsan by Thurs, setting up etc. . . but if a group arrives in Gochang or Jeong-eup Fri before the drinking begins (say at dusk!). . . I'll do a "pick-up" at the train or bus if you call me (if you know this is you and let me know beforehand, PM or text or call). . .

Anyway, this thread is to help people meet up, organize rides, etc

Also, if you are really unsure how to get here from where you are, post here and someone (or I) will give you step by step instructions!!
Unread 09-04-2008, 07:31 PM
verticalcult

OK so Kyung Ah and I will be heading down in "Rock-sea" the Musso. If you are free to leave from Daejeon (or can get here or be picked up on route to Seounsan) and wanna lift, pm or call me asap. I might have 1 space left. I'm reserving already for Kat and Connie.
Jake
Unread 09-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Climb<암벽등반>

I'm gonna be heading down in not a locomotive but a car. Anyone need a ride from here in Busan or on the way to Sununsan(if seats available, I can stop to pick up), please give me a shout, and let's make an arrangement when to hit the road.
Unread 09-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Seorak Sender

hi,

would be great to join you, im in changwon. if there is a place free.... please let me know.

Greets Philipp
Unread 09-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Gumby

Looking for a ride

Hey I could really use a ride if possibly I'm new to the country and live close to soyosan, if possible to pick me up I would be really excited, otherwise I'll try to navigate the busses.
Unread 09-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Seorak Sender

I have been looking forward to meeting all the KOTR's at the Meet and Greet for weeks (ok, that's the full amount of time I have been in Korea). Unfortunately I have a fieldtrip scheduled for Saturday, so I won't be able to head down until after that. I need to check the travel times, but I might end up getting up early Sunday morning and just being there for the day. Can I get a taxi out to join everyone or how should I handle the travel situation??? Still hope to make it and meet everyone even if it is only for the day!
Unread 09-17-2008, 12:03 AM
verticalcult

According to the Korea Travel link on the left scroll bar of KOTRs forums page (hint hint) there is a non-stop bus from Daejeon's Intercity Bus Terminal (시외 버스 터민알) 3 times a day to JeongEup. From JeonEup there are buses to Seonunsan at regular intervals, or you could split a taxi out there. [Buses from Daejeon to JeongEup are: 11.20am being 1st, 6.30pm being last. Cost 6500won and needing 1 hour 40 minutes].
Unread 09-17-2008, 12:11 AM
verticalcult

Train rides from Daejeon to JeonEup (nearest rail station to Seonunsan) are found here:
http://www.korail.com/servlets/en.pr..._pr21111_i1Svt
This search shows 6pm onwards for Friday night 19th September. Yellow Mugunghwa trains are the slowest and cheapest. Pink KTX trains are bullet trains and expensive (but really fast!). All trains here actually leave fron SeoDaejeon Station (West Daejeon Station), near Costco, Say Department Store etc.
From JeongEup station you can walk 5 mins up the road to the bus staion and get a bus to Seonunsan Park (선운산 도립공원). The campground (야영장/ Yayeong jang) is just up the main road past the shops and Youth Hostel on your right. Soksal bawi (Soksal crag) is thru the ticket gate and up the trail past the temple etc as described in the Soksalbawi link.
Unread 09-17-2008, 12:15 AM
verticalcult

Saturday from West-Daejeon (Seodaejeon/ 서대전역) is:
http://www.korail.com/servlets/en.pr..._pr21111_i1Svt
Unread 09-17-2008, 11:14 AM
verticalcult

Great beta from Sonia for those coming from Seoul. Gets you to Gochang (a small town very close to Seonunsan Park - a taxi ride is not to bad from here, though many city buses would also be going to Seonunsan from Gochang town too).
Quote:
you can get a bus to Gochang from Nambu Innercity Terminal and then a bus from there to Seonunsan Provincial Park and join the semi-anual KOTR Meet and Greet. It's about 3+ hours from Seoul, but beautiful park, great climbing. . .