Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 03-07-2007, 11:07 AM
peace

March 10-11, Climbing

Anyone want to get out this weekend? The forecast for the mid-and S West isn't too bad (especially if you're willing to shop around for a forecast you like) Halmae gets some sun, as does Mokpo.
Unread 03-08-2007, 05:22 PM
peace

come on. . . it's almost Friday!!

I've been cooped up working all week and haven't climbed since Thailand (ah, Thailand. . . )

I know some of you have been sitting around all winter and you're toying with the idea of climbing this weekend --hello-- might as well start now so you'll be in fighting shape by the meet and greet! At least get in some good belay practice! If no one comes climbing with me I'm gonna

I am up (or down) for just about anything-- sport, trad, long, short, urban, rural, easy, hard (ok, not too hard unless you want to ropegun, which is good, too) . . .I can travel or give you directions. . .
(yeah, YOU )

the more, the merrier
Unread 03-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Seorak Sender

I am game for something, I need to get out. What do you have in mind and where?
Unread 03-09-2007, 07:02 AM
peace

Hi I!

I didn't have much in mind, though people keep asking. I may head S, as weather-wise, that looks best. Actually thinking Mokpo again?! (Ricky moved to the country). . . have you been anywhere else? There's always the indoor gyms if the weather turns truely foul, and maybe the "new" place is ready!! I just need to exercise!! I know you know how to get there!!

If the weather picks up, next next weeekend I am thinking I still want to check some places/walls/gyms in Gyeonggi-do and maybe spend a day in Seoul (perfect if it rains!). . .
Unread 03-09-2007, 12:25 PM
peace

sooo many options. . .

Hello everyone! I may head down to Gwangju and do some shopping. From there, there are several options. It might be good if everyone weighs in here. Doesn't matter much to me where we go--just wanna climb! I'll list by city.

1) Gwangju-- Mudeungsan is adjacent to the city. I've been to Yaksa Am and Saein Bong. . . there's another crag we could look for if we have a car. . . . I have been told this by local climbers. I could try to stop by the local gym for beta if this is what people want to do.

2) Yeosu-- Horangsan is all the way down there (a 5 hour haul from Suwon/Osan by train. . . but can be done on off hours, if you can sleep anywhere) it's smack in the middle of town, not too bad approach, would entertain us for a weekend. 50F Sat forecast.

3) Jeonju-- again, this would take a car, but there are 2 places, Shiru and Sangsa, where I have yet to climb (though I've been to both) quite near me. People could stay at my house, or we could stay at a jjimjilbang in town. 46F forecast for Sat.

4)Gwangyang-- Kayasan. . . fairly accessible short routes. . . in the trees, so maybe a little cold.

5)Gochang-- Halmae Bawi. We all know it and love it. It's more central for everyone who has shown interest.

6) Mokpo-- are they finished bolting the "new crag" on Yudolsan? otherwise, Kokkiri makes the most of the sunlight and has great views, soft grades. 51F Sat forecast. 5 hour train from Suwon.

7) Yeongam-- Wolchulsan has some slabs and old aid routes. . . nice hikes and a beautiful setting.

Last edited by skinsk : 03-09-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Unread 03-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Aggressive Sheep

i'm contemplating Halmei...
post here if this ends up being your destination

(edit: damn sonia! you're becoming a whiz with the links!!! soon i'll be coming to you for comp advice! )
Unread 03-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Seorak Sender

Well, I just got back from Snowboarding all day. Haven't been for a few years. We will see if I can still walk tomorrow. The double black diamonds were a little rough...
Unread 03-09-2007, 06:41 PM
peace

Quote:
(edit: damn sonia! you're becoming a whiz with the links!!! soon i'll be coming to you for comp advice! )

haha I'm a one (or two) trick pony. . . who wishes she knew how to make a poll. So I count one vote for Halmae Bawi. Or is that two, as Ivan doesn't want to walk?!
Unread 03-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Aggressive Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat
...The double black diamonds...

korea has double diamonds???

dood! hope you make it down to halmei!! if that is indeed where/when folks will meet up...
Unread 03-09-2007, 10:08 PM
peace

Well. . .

I am down for climbing. So far no one will commit to anything!! It's pretty late FRIDAY!! I can pretty much meet anywhere or anytime . . . I might invite the new guy from work. I just don't want to go and be the only person there, especially as the restaurant has closed. Rick is it a go or you want to see if anyone besides me will go?

Ivan? Mary? Ricky?

Anyone else checking out this thread?

Eric, Jake-- what are y'all doing? Craig & Heather? Mike--what's up?!

I hate to sound pushy. . . but it is Fri night and I plan to go to bed soon. . . still, anyone can call/PM me for directions.