Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Accidents & Injuries

Unread 05-31-2009, 10:55 PM
peace

Dave Rogers

So, not sure what forum this shoud go into, but Dave Rogers, one of the more colorful and dedicated KOTRers, had a serious car accident here in Europe, and is currently in an induced coma.

I know many KOTRers met Dave, shared climbs, camping, belays, maybe even a sauna. . .and fell victim to his infectious humor and genuine honesty (that was closely related to his infectious humor). . .

Whether the recipient of Dave's drunken Facebook posts or weather he gave you a belay or whether he tried one of pick-up-lines on you. . . if you're a friend of Dave, send him your love, your positive energy, your prayers. . . for a fast and complete recovery!!

Last edited by skinsk : 06-01-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Unread 06-01-2009, 11:55 AM
verticalcult

Dave was a great guy, and never shy about anything at all. He might have riled us at times with his extreme outgoing, irreverance but he was/ is a super positive larrikin and very friendly guy who'd help anyone anytime. There is a facebook link you can send messages of support to as well, set up by another climber friend (eex-KOTRers):
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...1021261&ref=mf
Unread 06-01-2009, 03:36 PM
peace

Let's say "Dave IS a great guy!!" The Facebook site has been modified to suggest less damage and more recovery. . . as I see it, a positive sign. . . stop by your temple and channel some more positive energy!!
Unread 04-23-2010, 03:28 PM
verticalcult

Here's a video they said would never be made. ave is back climbing after being in a coma and supposedly condemned to a chair....but his will and spirit can't be held back. It may not yet be his old 5.12-13s but just give this guy some time...and real rock shoes and he'll be there again. Totally totally inspirational stuff. If you knew Dave and you don't shed a tear on seeing this, then you are made of stone. This is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.
http://www.facebook.com/jakeshanja?v=wall&story_fbid=423492126419#!/video/video.php?v=1179024375574&oid=93921021261
Unread 04-23-2010, 03:33 PM
verticalcult

OOps that didn't work, try this:
http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy&ref=mb#!/video/video.php?v=1179024375574&oid=93921021261
Unread 04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
peace

I was just going to post that! the best climbing vid I've seen all year, and for those who know Dave, the best reason KOTR can forgive some obnoxious behavior (and drunken posts!) because you just never know when you will be inspired! Less than a year after his accident, Dave is proving to be the fighter we all knew him to be, and well, quite a hero.
Unread 04-29-2010, 11:02 PM
verticalcult

He is now also trying his hand at horse riding and a second session of climbing to come soon as well! Bloody champion.
Unread 04-30-2010, 03:14 AM
peace

amazing. . . I really feel Dave is on a big upswing and momentum is behind him. . . I mean, it wasn't a super-easy "I'm-recovering-from-months-in-a-coma-severe-brain-trauma" route they stuck him on. . . and the horse required some balance!! Anyway, the therapies seem to be working on a mental-emotional-physical level and I am so psyched to see Dave's progress!!