Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

View Poll Results: Best Date For Spring 2007 M&G - You can choose more than 1 choice.
March 24 - 25 3 14.29%
March 31 - April 1 9 42.86%
April 7 - 8 4 19.05%
April 14 - 15 13 61.90%
April 21 - 22 5 23.81%
April 28 - 29 1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 02-27-2007, 09:02 PM
peace

Meet and Greet - Spring 2007

Is it time to start using roman numerals for our meets and greets? When do we start counting from? Anyway, it seems with another ROK climbing season coming up, we should consider the (bigger, semi-annual) M&G.

The "early March" Sununsan M&G of last Spring drew the die-hards, the bored. . . but damn was that puppy cold! I was thinking late March/early April (before the main season) and maybe South, since we seem to be rotating and did Seoul (RMT) N. Jeolla (Sununsan) Gangwon (Kanhyon) . . . maybe it's time for Busan? It's been awhile since I climbed around Busan. Perhaps a "local" could help as far as camping at the various places. I know Bu Chae and Dae Ryuk as well as several other crags (at least 7 total) are all in Geumjeongsan, which is right in Busan. With the KTX, it's not so far from Seoul, and there's transport to and from everywhere. OK, there's one idea, open for more!
Unread 02-27-2007, 11:28 PM
verticalcult

Well as it happens Skinsk, The Big E and I were chewing over this very issue at Halmae today. Damn my figers are sore. Busan or the south is well and truly due. Amanda is down that way too, o maybe she can hook us up with good beta.
Unread 02-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Halla Hanger

Great ideas all!!! Thanks for starting the thread about the M&G Skinsk!

I'd love to help host the M&G. And get some more Busan folks out climbing.

There's a couple crags on Geumjeung mountain and some sea cliffs as well. I've only been to one area where the cliffs are. Its 5.10 and up, so if there are beginners, maybe not the best place. Geumjeong is a bit more diverse. People camp up there as well, but I'm not sure where. Folks are definately welcome to stay at my place, as well. I can ask around for more details about camping.
Unread 02-28-2007, 12:29 PM
peace

I was hoping you'd feel that way.

So I checked Geumjeongsan to find camping. The nice thing there is that it gives us a place to all gather for breakfasts, dinners, etc. It's unlikely another group would be there at this time (MTs will be at the resorts, though).

Amanda, how's the new job? Does your schedule let you get out and physically scope the area, find the camp grounds and see how close to climbing it is. As you note, grades are important too, since many folks last time have been new to the sport. One nice thing with Geumjeongsan is there's trad and aid potential if some of us wanted to gear up, review our knots and techniques, self rescue and hold some practise clinics. . . now that I have my new Omega Pacific I want to use it!

What are people thinking in regard to dates? Easter is in early April, which might be a good time.
Unread 02-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Working it out

oohhhh.....I've been talking to Les about a spring meet and greet. A trip down south sounds san-fran-tastic! I'm voting for April...March is already nearly full.

woot!
Unread 02-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Halla Hanger

Ill try and scope out the area this weekend. And see what's around. Im guessing there's no car camping though, may have to hike a short bit.
Unread 03-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Jiri Jammer

I'm with you avenue, early April is definitely my vote!

Unread 03-01-2007, 11:19 AM
peace

There's April 7-8 (Easter Weekend) which might be less crowded. . . --the weekend before (March)31-April 1. . . or the weekend after is cool, too, though by then the season has kicked off and we can expect lots of company!
Unread 03-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Working it out

March 31-April 1 sounds real good to me. I'm dustin' off my harness......!
Unread 03-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Aggressive Sheep

woo hoo!!!
I was just wondering when this thread would start up. I'm up for early April...and down south gets my vote too! The exact weekend doesn't matter to me.
8^)
Closed Thread