Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Community > Other Activities

Unread 03-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Halla Hanger

Thumbs down

Hey sorry, I missed this thread back in winter when I stopped checking this site. Don't know the name of the group we went paragliding with, but they did seem like they didn't know much - don't know if they were training people at the time and thats why some guys didn't know what they were doing. At any rate, it wasn't safe, and I have heard some horror stories about bunjee jumping here too. I wouldn't do it in Korea. Well, I wouldn't do it EVER, but I especially wouldn't do it here.
On to scuba diving - I attempted to do my advanced scuba course here in Daegu - the instructors spoke English really well as they travel a lot to dive - but I have to say, they did not practice good safety (which is not good when you're to be teaching), they were not careful with the sealife, damaging the coral with their fins and touching everything. I was quite surprised that nobody got the BENZ on our 1st trip out. On that same trip, my instructor gropped me in the night while I was sleeping, and that was the end of my instruction and I never got my license.
Unread 08-21-2008, 01:50 AM
Snow Leopard

I just looked through this thread for the first time. I know that Korea isn't setting any records for safety - or any for even the consideration of safety - but Fainhearted Wack had some messed up experiences.

I've never been paragliding and I'm not overly interested. I really dig getting into high, wintry mountains and having to deal accordingly with the dangers of altitude and snow, but there's no way I'm jumping off of anything!