Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

Unread 04-12-2005, 09:32 PM
(–.–)

hi everybody,
i am planning to go to korea and i am looking for bouldering areas.
all i found was sport and trad stuff, so if you know something to go bouldering outside, please let me know.
Unread 04-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Seorak Sender

In su bong seemed to have lots of boulders but thats the only place I have heard of. Good luck
Unread 04-13-2005, 09:52 AM
John Wayne never wore Lycra

Bouldering is in it's infancy in Korea, although almost every "climbing" gym is a bouldering gym. In su bong is good but some rough landings, I have heard of several areas around seoul and hope to find more out about them. There are also boulders around yeoungyeoung in daegu but not worth making a special trip for.
Unread 04-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Jiri Jammer

there's a big rock up the top of the hill out the back of Kyung Hee uni ... I am gonna go see if it is boulderable.

back soon to let ya know.

Unread 04-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Jiri Jammer

nope definately not boulderable, Lord knows why but they've fenced the place off with double ******* wire (that's serious 'keep out' wire for those not in the know :-)

there's one spot where it could be crossed via 2 nicely placed trees but I wanna take my dictionary and translate the signs to see if the bit after 'keep out' is along the lines of 'live land mine area' or 'we're tight arses who don't want you having fun ... foreign devil :-)' the latter and I will jump it for sure ;-)

some nice sandstone buildering opportunities here at least (if ever there's a time without people).

Colin
Unread 04-15-2005, 12:38 PM
(–.–)

thanks for the information so far.
i think i will find out more about it till i come to korea. i am planning to do some kind of a language course at inje university, and the next one will be this fall.

kim
Unread 04-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Mud? Low in fat high in fat? Mud.

The bouldering here is sweet.

Get your best pair of legs on. A nice crah pad and off you go. Nearly every mountain in this country has some boulders lying around on it. You got to hunt, and hunt at the right time of day.

Where I live you can see some boulders in the morning and others don't become visible until the afternoon. It all depends on where the sun is. Best hunting time is during fall, winter and spring. There is less green to hide the little monsters.

These lads who live up in the big smoke, have not hardly seen the rest of the country.

There are so many virgin boulders here, I feel like a pervert, scoping the forests and the hills for a new virgin.

We have got it all, beach bouldering, farm bouldering, mountain bouldering, buddist statue bouldering, the works.

But you know what the best part is. It is just me and my bouldering mat. In my circle of friends no one gives two hoots about the monster three move problem I put up. To that matter no one seems too bothered about about the Trad, aid and sports routes I make. It is too much walking for their punny fag smoking, soju drinking legs. But I get I guess I come to understand that each weekend I have to try a new virgin.

Unread 04-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Seorak Sender

Haha
Unread 11-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Seorak Sender

so anyone know where can i pick up a pad in seoul? thanks
Unread 11-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Are you High-Minded?

Angry

Pads: A number of online climbing stores in the USA do international shipping for about 25 bucks so go explore that possibility.

I agree, every mountain I've been to has at least 1 boulder.

Insubong is alright. the problem is it takes forever to get there cause of the subway, bus, and you have to go up this steep *** hill. It is crazy. By the time you get there you are tired and hungry.

Plus there is human poo everywhere next to the boulders. All the campers go up next to the boulders and let it loose. No good. We stepped in a bunch this weekend. Plus you can't see it cause of the leaves