Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

Unread 12-28-2008, 03:57 AM
Mt. Man

Climbing Partner in Ulsan Needed

Hello to all. I am moving to Korea to take a teaching position in Ulsan. I am an avid climber versed in Trad (up to 5.8-9), Sport (up to 5.11a-b), and bouldering (up to V5-6). I will arrive in Ulsan late Tuesday evening and would love to find some sort of climbing in or around Ulsan, on New Years Eve or Day. I would love to get involved with the local climbing scene and will be brining a 60m 10.2mm rope, harness, toprope rigging, shoes, chalk and carabineers. I am partial to bouldering but truly love all forms of climbing. I would also like to learn about Ice climbing (lead, follow, or toprope). I have no experience with Ice but I am a quick student for a willing teacher. I will have no connections in Korea except the principle of my school, so I would like to meet some climbers.
Unread 01-05-2009, 06:12 PM
send train

Hey we are going to be bouldering this weekend in Busan. Your welcome to join us and crash on my floor with everyone else if you want. I know it's really easy to from your city to here, but I don't know the specifics. You may want to contact Heather she makes the trip a lot and it's so easy that she even comes before work to climb here sometimes.
Unread 01-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Climber of Rocks

Just air my dirty laundry! *******!

But yeah, you can get in touch with me if you need any help getting to Busan-land.
Unread 01-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Jiri Jammer

be there soon

hey CD,
I'll be moving to Ulsan in late Feb, and looking for a full-time climbing partner, I am definitely partial to bouldering as well, but not quite at your level. Sport 5.10 and boulder V0-2...too many Cass-uhs weighing me down. I'll be bringing a 60m rope, draws, and I'll go halves on a pad with you if your interested. See you in a month or so!
Unread 01-22-2009, 12:12 PM
verticalcult

Cd mate, if you wanna try ice climbing, not much at Ulsan, but for the effort of travel we can get you out and armed on the ice here at Yeong-Dong, or up in O2 in Seoul. What size boot do you wear?
Unread 02-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Jiri Jammer

next week

CD,
I'll be landing in Ulsan next week (2/20) and will have the first week that I'm in off. My plan is to go up north to collect some of my goods from Sokcho (I lived there last year) and then I should be back in Ulsan by the end of next week and ready to climb.

What is the scene like?

How is the gym?

Have you been bouldering yet?

I look forward to meeting up.

Robert