Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 03-20-2007, 09:13 AM
peace

April 27-29 Jeonju

April 26-May 4 is the 8th annual Jeonju International Film Festival. There are festivals all around Jeonju this week and I invite KOTRers to visit my "hometown", catch a movie, and hit some of the local crags. Mark your calendars. PM me for specific information, how to get here, etc.
Unread 03-31-2007, 01:12 AM
Halla Hanger

I'd love to go to the film festival! Been to the one in Busan twice - 2nd time was not so good, there were no subtitles on movies that advertised subtiles and blah, blah, blah... I'm up for it. I'll talk to you about it at the M&G (if I make it)
Unread 04-01-2007, 09:42 PM
aka ICEMAN

I REALLY need to get out and about some more....this looks like the perfect opportunity!! I am down for a little climbing as well that weekend...hell any weekend for that matter!

I will be in touch with you and see what's the happening......as long as I can get a ride since I can not Drive in this country!!!

"GO FULL THROTTLE....or GO HOME!"
Unread 04-03-2007, 04:14 PM
peace

FW-- would love to have you-- if your schedule allows, it runs all week. . . hell, bring your planner to the M&G as I have lots of ideas out your way!

Uin2-- the Gunsan train that goes practically nowhere actually goes to Jeonju. . . best (cheaper) not to use a base taxi to the station, though, but maybe several people want to come. You can also get a bus, and we can meet you once you're in Jeonju. Hopefully I'll see you at the M&G to discuss.
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:11 PM
peace

Jeonju International Film Festival

Jenn-- what's your schedule like? Jake pointed out there's good music on Sat and again on Thurs PM (well Nobrain An unstoppable Korean funk band, Nobrain keeps on rolling in Jeonju. Let’s go crazy! Lose yourself!
Date & Time 2007. 4. 29 Sun 22:00 ~ 23 :00

“Halla Man” is an acid funky band with its popular sound as well as avant-garde style. It is already a regular for ‘Sound Day’. Recently, Halla Man was credited in the film, My Girl’s Boy. Funky night is ready to energize the last night in Jeonju. Date & Time 2007. 5. 3 Thu 19:00 ~ 20:00

Next week I will drive around to Sangsa Bawi so I'll know exactly how to get there. I've actually been there, but never climbed it. . . it's pretty close so we can do an afternoon of climbing, then a flick or band. . . other nearby options include Daedunsan, Halmae Bawi, Maisan, Shiru Bawi (which I'd also like to try to get to beforehand, as last time I went I didn't drive!)

There are 7 trains a day from Jeonju to Gunsan (taking 1:10), 10 a day from Yongsan (in Seoul, taking 3:10-3:40). . . check the train link at the bottom of KOTR. Busses run to Jeonju from most major cities and some minor ones. . . if you're interested let me know and I'll get more specific beta. Oh yeah, this wall is 5 minutes from my door, and I finally got on it today!! Also from Seoul, there are 6 daily busses from Nambu Terminal direct to my university-- very near my house and only W9,500.
Unread 04-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Halla Hanger

Are we going to see any movies? If so, don't we have to buy the tickets in advance, in case they sell out?
I work everyday Mon-Fri. I finish everyday at 6pm (got a non-credit class at 5pm)Next week this class is cancelled (for mid-terms) except for Friday!! Can you believe that!? Totally sucks.
Unread 04-19-2007, 09:43 AM
peace

Good point-- I've usually been able to buy tickets before showtime, but last year was stymied twice and saw second choices. As soon as the schedule of films comes out, if people definitely want a certain film I can get the tickets in advance. . . or we can pick up tickets, then go climb/eat/etc and come back and see the flick.

That does suck about the late classes. . .btw-- if you want to hop a bus from Daegu (officially over 3 hours but I've done it in less, though during the day) I can pick up-- you can go light.
Unread 04-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Working it out

woot!

Assah! I'm glad you're coming Jennifer! I didn't get to talk to you much last weekend, but I'm looking forward to chatting in Jeonju.

Who else is on board for the Film Fest weekend?
Unread 04-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Halla Hanger

[quote=avenue]Assah! I'm glad you're coming Jennifer! I didn't get to talk to you much last weekend, but I'm looking forward to chatting in Jeonju.
QUOTE]
Yes! I've seen you on KOTR often and saw you last weekend, but I don't think we were even introduced (were we?)
Anyway, I look forward to seeing you girls again.
Unread 04-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Halla Hanger

I'm up for heading over, though I'll be honest and say I'm more interested in hanging out with y'all and the climbing, not too particular about the movies (meaning, I'm pretty darn flexible about what I see/don't see).