Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Community > Site Suggestions & Feedback

Unread 03-24-2011, 08:52 AM
Jiri Jammer

Seorak Sender?

No offense intended, but what does that even mean?

I've been climbing for a long time and know, of course, that 'send' is English-language climber slang for 'ascend'.

And 'Seorak' sounds like 'serac', but I don't know to what or where it really refers.

Please someone explain
Unread 03-24-2011, 03:11 PM
pastafarian

Seoraksan is the most bitchin' trad area in Korea. To send in Seorak you need ninja granite balance skills, balls the size of an alpacca and a penchant for run out slab...
Unread 03-24-2011, 06:20 PM
peace

Eric chose Korean areas for the default, but you can change them. Seorak sender would be someone who sends in Seorak, as Wil describes (well, there are some moderate routes, even sport climbs!) Jiri Jammer would be someone who jams in Jirisan (though nor specifically known for it's cracks). I imagine he and jake had a few beers and thought of these!
Unread 03-25-2011, 04:46 PM
pastafarian

Sonia. I'm amazed at how casually you managed to gloss over a casual reference to alpaca's balls...

*sigh* I'll try again. Ahem Alpaca's Balls.
Unread 03-28-2011, 09:54 PM
peace

yeah, but it's a "default" so many people with goat balls end up as "Seorak Senders" . . . and for the sport routes or some of the easier routes you don't need Alpaca-size. . . on the other hand, maybe bigger for Jeok Byeok !

Will, are you just trying to "imply" something because maybe you sent a route or two at Sotuwang ?!

BTW, I don't think Korea has seracs as there are no glaciers.
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:27 AM
pastafarian

Erm' not quite...

In these days in which charismatic mega-fauna proliferate modern conservation the humble Alpaca deserves a little more recognition for being as awesome as it is. Even the thug of the animal kingdom, the 'honey badger' gets more undeserved rep' from animal planet.

Conversely the humble Alpaca has to be one of the most understated quadrupeds; protective, loyal, fearless and steady at altitude.

Alternately; Seotaewon, was a humbling experience that gives me the heebies. In particular the multi that starts to the left of the big flakey thing'. The second pitch with the monster run out flake has consequences. A bachar yerian for the Korean 90's generation?

peas.

w.//
Unread 03-30-2011, 11:55 PM
peace

Don't forget that a little alpaca mixed with wool makes some damn fine sweaters! (But other than yarn, I am not so familiar with their balls ).