Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

Unread 05-31-2005, 12:34 PM
Seorak Sender

hi all, living in bundang and wondering if anyone knows of any clubs near here (especially near jeongja). Haven't climbed at all for about 8 months so my power = opseyo but NEED to get back into it after watching those guys in the asian x games.
cheers, folks
Unread 06-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Seorak Sender

can't help you out with any clubs, but..
there is a new bouldering wall about 2 subway stops from you
it's in jukjeon, between ori station & bojeong station
coming from ori it will be on your left,
the wall is in a new park along the river
its between the river and the new Shinsegae being built

(look for a huge red sculpture/waterfall thing suspended from the side of the hill--the wall is just in front of this)

Unread 06-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Seorak Sender

excellent - thanks v much I'll check it out sometime this week. do u climg there?
Unread 06-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Seorak Sender

Since the rains seem to have started, u might be in terested in this indoor gym:

http://www.skwall.com/climbing/cbbs_...e=1&tacnt =55

It's in Jeonja-dong.
Unread 06-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Seorak Sender

thanks alot - I'd heard about this gym but couldn't find out where it was. thanks again!
Unread 04-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Seorak Sender

Jeongia Gym

The gym is quite samll, but the people are friendly, and, even though it's only open at 7.30pm, if you go a few times they'll give yiou the code to the door lock. It's a 60,000 won month..i think, and a 6000 drop in fee. To get there...

Come out of the subway. If your not next to the river, cross the road so you are. Put the river on your left, the road on you right and walk. At the first bridge turn left and walk over the bridge. Then continue right along the river. take your first left, then hang a left at the first proper/ bigish small road you come to. The gym is just up the the first left on the right. You'll see the block, theres a bar parked on the corner. Hope thats slightly helpfull.
Unread 04-10-2006, 11:14 AM
peace

I posted this fairly recently in another thread; most are in/near Bundang. When you go, take a camera and notebook. Get the gym info, look for busses, subways, take navigational photos, etc and post the gyms

Some gyms in Seongnam are
TAPOBAN in Jeongja-dong, 141-3 031)715-8238/011-711-3765 (map at: http://cafe.daum.net/tapoban)

분당 헬스 암벽 Bundang Health? Cliff in 분당구 야탑동 533-7 중앙 퍼지마트 205호 Yatap-dong 533-7 Chungang peoji Mart 205-ho 031)707-6577

Seongnam Spider Climbing Center, 수정구 태평1동 5120번지 Sujeong-gu, Taepyeong-1 dong, 5120 tel: 031)753-8848. It's near Kyungwon University and Taepyeong Stations, on the same side of the road as the University. It's a block back from the main road, behind a parking lot (I have a bare bones map, but a taxi, even from Suseo would be cheap and you could subway home and tell us how to get there

성남(분당)카스올림픽스포콤 (Seongnam something olympic something) 031)707-9777 is/has a wall, I think. There is a pretty new wall by the stadium (Seongnam-dong) and contact info/photos/map can be found here: http://www.skwall.co.kr/climbing/cbb...e=1&tacnt =54

I have about 25 listings for Seongnam Climbing shops, so I won't translate!! Not sure how many can gear you up but the gyms will know or a quick walk around town will probably lead you to some. They seem pretty spread out, but a lot in Bundang-gu.

Hope this helps! I have included Korean where I am not sure how to "translate" and where it might be helpful for a taxi driver/KATUSA. Don't forget to bring your camera and a notebook and get bus numbers, business cards etc when you find the gyms/wall, so other people in Seongnam will have an easier time
Unread 04-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Seorak Sender

hey well i went down to bunda-gu last weekend on saturday. and its not easy to find the gyms. i found one sports nine and i tried to talk to the koreans. i went into the samsung plaza and i saw an outdoor store. and i found out where a mountain is at up north. but they couldnt really understand me. but o well so if you find the gym in bunda-gu which is in seongnam. and my advice to all is buy the gear online if its possibly cause it is expensive here.
Unread 04-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Seorak Sender

I'll try and check those out soon

Cheers for that, i'll take a wander soon.
Unread 04-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Seorak Sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdrjqu
can't help you out with any clubs, but..
there is a new bouldering wall about 2 subway stops from you
it's in jukjeon, between ori station & bojeong station
coming from ori it will be on your left,
the wall is in a new park along the river
its between the river and the new Shinsegae being built

(look for a huge red sculpture/waterfall thing suspended from the side of the hill--the wall is just in front of this)

I try and climb this wall every weekend, usually sat morning. Im only about 10mins walk away.
I am also interesten in meeting fellow climbers around this area, as I am a complete newby and am really keen to get into climbing while here in korea.