Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Community > Other Activities

Unread 04-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Good vibrations

I'm totally down for that as well. Jake, if you guys are leaving fri evening, can i hop a ride with you?
Unread 04-20-2009, 03:15 PM
verticalcult

Righto Matt matey, you are in the wagon with us then. Fri lunch time I'm meeting with some profs from my uni but why don't we hit the wall Fri arvo and mosey on south Fri night? Be you, me, Kyung Ah and Brandon in the wagon and maybe KA;s friend In Kyung. You got a sleeping bag and tent? I have a tent (the girls will take that), and I have a bivvy sack for myself...but you and Brandon will need own tent/ bivvy/ sleeping bags. In a pinch you could doss in the back of the Musso I guess.
Unread 04-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Ground hugger

Hey folks,

Get your running shoes on, your camel-pack filled, and your stop-watch ready... we've just got the go-ahead from the National Parks.

THE RACE IS ON!!!

Don't forget it's to raise money for the orphans, so please bring a spare won or 5000 and give generously.

Again, for more info (in English and Korean) check out www.kingofthemountain.110mb.com

Rules and conditions of entry apply.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

English Teacher, Photographer & Aussie gone walkabout.
Unread 05-02-2009, 06:53 PM
verticalcult

Stu mate, there is a Musso full of orphan loving kooks heading down from Daejeon on Friday eve, can you let us know by chance, if the camp-ground there will allow us to have a we campfire? (and if there be wood avail nearby?).
Thanks again for organizing this caper, looks like it'll be grand. Also, any beta on the climbing routes there? I know Yong-Am climbing centre is sweet and right by, but some real rock would rock too after the hike. We'll be staying Sat night there too.
Unread 05-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Ground hugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanja
Stu mate, there is a Musso full of orphan loving kooks heading down from Daejeon on Friday eve, can you let us know by chance, if the camp-ground there will allow us to have a we campfire? (and if there be wood avail nearby?).
Thanks again for organizing this caper, looks like it'll be grand. Also, any beta on the climbing routes there? I know Yong-Am climbing centre is sweet and right by, but some real rock would rock too after the hike. We'll be staying Sat night there too.

Hey Jake,

Sorry mate, I'm really not sure if there is a camp fire at the grounds or not. I would think there is somewhere there you could light a fire. I don't know of anywhere we can scrounge wood, but I'd reckon there'll be a few broken pallets around Yeongam somewhere that we could light up.

I'll be coming along on Friday night as well. If I'm really lucky, I'll get Friday off, and I'll be able to come over Fri morning. If that happens, I'll take you up and show you the climbs I know of on Wolchulsan. (Hope ya like slab!) I've also got a mate who lives in Yeongam who might be able to give us the guided tour. Or failing that, the manager of the climbing gym is a great wealth of info for the whole of the mountain (and a really good climber) so we can pay him a visit.

See ya in a few days.

Unread 05-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Jiri Jammer

Let's rock it!

Stu--I assume you're heading for Wolchusan Friday after school. Would I be able to get a lift? Thanks man!

Who all is coming from Yeosu anyway?
Unread 05-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Ground hugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudepeters
Stu--I assume you're heading for Wolchusan Friday after school. Would I be able to get a lift? Thanks man!

Who all is coming from Yeosu anyway?

Hey Mate,

Actually, I've wrangled Friday off, so I'll be heading over there some time Fri morning. I'm hoping to get a climb in to get water up to a couple of the checkpoints (although I'm not to sure how much I feel like lugging up in my backpack).

Seems there's a few coming from Yeosu. Maybe ask Ruth Bradshaw what her plans are?

Unread 05-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Halla Hanger

getting in Friday night latish, looking forward seeing all you good people again!
Unread 05-11-2009, 12:14 AM
verticalcult

What a freaking;y super awesome weekend!!! Such a cool and groovin crew from all over showed up and Jesus H it was fun (despite the extremely warm weather and hard course).
First and foremost, massive thanks and wraps to Stuart Aird who along with his helpers (whose names I'm ashamed to admit I forget) put this massive event together. Double bloody thumbs up!!!
The 30 odd folk who turned up raised over 500,000won (as I understand it) for the orphanage. That is so excellent. Also major thanks to all the competitors who cleaned trash off the hill along the way...National Parks Rangers and regular hikers stopped us at least a dozen times to say thanks and say how impressed they were that we would do such a thing (then when we mentioned it was to raise money for a charity...well they shat themselves with joy). Brogue mate 2hrs2mins is an unbelievably inhuman time for that crazy wild course!!! You are a champion.
Charles, Louise, Luke it was so awesome that you slept overnight on the cloud bridge 100s of meters above the void.
Thanks also of course to Korea National Parks for letting the event be staged, and for all the Koreans who made us feel welcome and encouraged us on the way.