Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 04-05-2010, 08:33 PM
peace

April 16-18, Seonunsan, Spring Meet and Greet 2010

So here's a thread to RSVP and get/post general information about the semi-annual gathering. Questions and info pertaining to travel can go here.

You may be able to snag a ride, meet up with others coming from your way, or at least get some info on how to get there fastest/most conveniently if you are new to Korea and Korean transport.

Know you're coming? Then check out the food thread and let us know what you can bring/do/contribute.

Most of us camp and the dinners and breakfasts Sat night and Sunday are not to be missed. . . so if you don't want to camp, you might try the near-by youth hostel which also has rooms for rent 063) 561-3333. . . there are also minbak (민박) and hotels (호텔) on this same site. . . use this thread if you need help with reservations or if you're looking for roommates (or tent space!)

If anyone needs to borrow a harness, chalk bag, belay device and/or women's shoes (between US 7.5 and 8) let me know and I'll bring them.
Unread 04-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Seorak Sender

My wife and I would like to come and meet everyone. We're new to Korea and looking forward to getting out on some rock and meeting some other climbers. We live in Miryang and have a car so can potentially fit one other person + gear if someone needs a ride and is on the way.

We'll probably head out Friday after work around 5:30 so not sure when we'll get there but sometime Friday night. We need some directions if anyone has some for when we are closer to the park.

We will bring camping gear, climbing gear, a stove, some food stuff - is there anything in particular that you'd like brought?

Sounds great!
Tom
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:33 PM
peace

Tom, check out and update the food thread. . . maybe you have some specialty?! You might want to post on the ride thread. . . you're bound to cross paths with someone! there are Seonunsan exits on the Expressway. Coming from Miryang, catch Expressway 10 West until it turns into 25 heading slightly north and west to Gochang (it becomes Expwy 14 before then). . . from 15 heading north there's a Seonunsan exit, just north of Gochang. . . follow the signs on County(?) Road 22 . . . it can be a bit dark at night, but it is signed all the way.
Unread 04-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Jiri Jammer

Radical

look forward to rocking in the free world with you folks. I'll hopefully roll in saturday morning. Leaving Changwon at 9:30pm apres work on the old autobikeU and probably catching a quick snooze in the bushes somewhere along the way. Chances are I will get lost at least 3 times and it will take 5 times longer to get there than expected. I will be camping and if you don't mind Sonia, I'd love to borrow a belay device and a chalk bag.

Party on
Unread 04-07-2010, 12:52 AM
verticalcult

Just a quick heads up, and though it be bad news....I thought it prudent to post this now and hope we all see (and follow)the official line here.
Halmae-bawi near Seonunsan Park (the M&G locale) is still off-limits officially. The Korean's I talked to this week urge us to avoid climbing there as the %#@!!* fool who took over this crag a few years back still has the lease (though why I can't imagine) and is threatening to call in police for non-paying "trespassers" etc. Sad. Very very sad, but alas....lots of good climbing in the prk itself so all's OK I guess.
Unread 04-07-2010, 12:57 AM
peace

OK, harness, ATC and chalkbag claimed. . .

Jake. . . and my club was just saying today that now they are climbing at Halmae. . . ! Quite different than a few weeks ago! Crazy, but there's always Mun Bawi and $#1+ Rock for some easier climbs. . .
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Seorak Sender

cool - another question - where will you all be camping?
Unread 04-07-2010, 01:44 PM
verticalcult

The camp-site is inside the main (car ticket gate) gate, past the big car-park and shops area, up on the right hand side past the "Youth Hostel"....but a ways before the actual pedestrian park ticket entrance gate thing. It's pretty easy to find, and has sculptured gardens all about and below. It has a washing up shelter and toilet block there, with the tents set up under some small trees on semi-levelled platforms. Not sure of the status of campfires but wood is hard to come by anyways.
Unread 04-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Seorak Sender

Is anybody leaving from Busan on Friday (16th) or Saturday (17th)?

Me and my girlfriend live in Haeundae. We've only been here a couple of weeks. I've been getting some really positive feedback from KOTR. Anyway, if anybody is leaving from this area and would like to team up, let me know. I'd really appreciate it. Someone suggested I should bring my guitar. Good idea?
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Currently a "Gyeongsonian"

Tombanjo, my wife and I live in Gyeongsan just north of you guys...30 minutes or so...go climbing in Miryang often. If you need a ride let me know. Right now I've got room for one, but even if you just want to follow us, let me know. We'll probably leave Friday night...I sent ya a pm, so give me a call if interested. By the way...my car currently has room for one more Daegugan! let me know if anyone needs a ride!

Cheers
Bryan