Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 05-15-2006, 09:23 PM
peace

Yeah. . . I will try to get down Wed evening. . . are you free to hit a gym?

And I was thinking . . . open it up to guys . . . they are good at carrying heavy things. . . though I would be quite happy to just hang on the beach with Ricky

So far, Gwanmae-do vs. Bigeum-do. . . I'm leaning towards checking out Bigeum-do first because the Mokpo Climbers really tried to steer me there, away from Gwanmae-do. G gets more Internet coverage, however. . . my inclination is to trust real people who I have talked to (one caveat. . . we speak different languages-- but they were climbers) over websites! And if with all my printouts, maps, smiles and pictionary/charades skills I can't find climbing on Bigeum-do or if it looks really sucky, I will head back to Mokpo and we can try Gwanmae-do.
Unread 05-16-2006, 08:48 AM
Ayeishi!

Sounds like a plan. By the way... I should post this elsewhere....if you're planning on hitting Kokir while here, all the anchors were replaced with bright shiny new ones this past weekend.
Unread 05-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Damn, that hurts!

Heck, most of us would love to attend anything with "wild women" in the heading......
Unread 05-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Seorak Sender

It's quite annoying that when women try to plan something and give it a fun name, a man has to come in and make some type of sexual joke. And some men actually respect women as women versus objects and would not necessarily want to be invited to something with "wild women" in the heading. I would personally appreciate if comments like this were kept to oneself verus being posted on a climbers forum.
Unread 05-17-2006, 07:05 AM
Damn, that hurts!

Missy, you have no sense of humor. Lighten up!
Unread 05-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Seorak Sender

My name actually isn't "Missy" and I do happen to have a great sense of humor. What I don't have is a tolerance for immature jokes relating to women from men who feel the need to make something fun sexual. (Which is what it sounded like you were doing above.) If this isn't what you were doing you could politely point this out verus making the assumption that I have "no sense of humor". Again- this is a climbing forum...can we please stick to the topic of climbing?

Last edited by melanielove : 05-17-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Unread 05-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Ayeishi!

Whoa guys! This isn't Dave's ESL cafe. But Melanie...What makes you think his comment was actually intended sexually. This is making an assumption that MP3 actually interpreted the heading "Wild Women" in a sexual way, and if that's the case then we can argue that the heading "Wild Women's Weekend" was probably intended to have some sexual connotation. I don't think it's fair that the heading would purposely, and for the sake of humor have sexual connotations, and then when a man makes a comment about it, he's attacked. It's like a trap.
Hey! Maybe MP3 was actually thinking...like "wild hardcore climbers" . There is absolutely nothing in his message...at least in my mind that is explicitly degrading or objectifying, and maybe I missed it...but where exactly in his message did he talk about "dreams of sexcapades with wild women"? In this case I think you're angry because of the way you've interpreted his message, and you're probably right, he probably was making a play on the sexual connotations in the heading, but I really don't think it's fair to attack him considering A: The meaning of his message is not excplicit, and B: We made the title, it has sexual connotations, we should be prepared to receive comments back which refer to the sexual connotations of the heading. In other words, expect sexual connotations in reference to the sexual connotations. Do you think I said sexual connotations enough... Okay here it goes, one more time...sexual connotations. And I'm not attackiong you either...just take a step back and look at it from another perspective. I mean this completely respectfully and in no way condescending.
Unread 05-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Seorak Sender

So, when I first read the posting I read it the way I did b/c of all the "wild women's" videos and materials that are circulating worldwide. I was offended b/c I thought, "wow- this is a climbers forum!" I should have thought about it longer before replying. In his response, however, he just mentioned that "I had no sense of humor" which didn't clear up the issue and for me, only validated my initial reaction to the thread. But I went back and changed my second post b/c I realized that not everyone could have read it as I did. I think if we post something that someone else takes offensive then it would be nice to just say "hey- I didn't mean it that way" or "you took it the wrong way." It's an easy thing to do when people are simply typing messages and so few of us have actually met and know one anothers' personalities. We have all had different experiences, and will read and take things differently. I wasn't trying to attack anyone and I apologize if my post came across that way. I just want to make the point that the way I read it was somewhat offensive and if it was meant in that way then I think it's inappropriate for a climbing forum. If it wasn't meant that way then I simply misread it and we can go back to planning!
Unread 05-17-2006, 02:06 PM
peace

W

Aw geez. . . I was just on a "w" alliteration thing so I threw in "wild"-- more of a joke -- as anyone who knows us can attest! (Thankfully I didn't say "wet"-- Ricky would have noticed the "sexual connotation". . .OK, now I am being silly. . . but I have to agree with Ricky that climbing references with sexual inneundo are hard to avoid-- I mean, from using protection-- correctly and every time-- to the pretty intimate co-ledge-habitation. . . ).

Anyway, I moved the weekend invite to a gender neutral thread. Even the very calmest climbers are invited! The best way to not offend anyone is to come on out and meet them! It's hard to accuse Ms. Love of no sense of humor! http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forum...une-24-16.html

Eric so rightly threw in a self-edit key!!
Unread 05-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Aggressive Sheep

Quote:
...climbing references with sexual inneundo are hard to avoid...
you mean like your former sig line "a womans place is on the face"?

i must say, i can't believe it took so long for a guy to chime in with a comment. that has to be a record for climbing forums.