Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 03-15-2007, 08:10 AM
peace

March 16-19

Heyall! Weather forecast seems about the same N and S (mid-high 40's-mid 30s; scattered clouds) this weekend. I could head in either direction. I've got lots of ideas ranging from indoors/outdoors/real/fake. . . as a bonus, we could check out nearby vegetarian restuarants

I'm leaning towards Gyeonggi-- maybe meeting up with folks Fri afternoon/evening. . . looking at info and making a decision. Any/everyone in Seoul, Gyeonggi and beyond invited; crash space desired.

Last edited by skinsk : 03-15-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Unread 03-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Aggressive Sheep

Sunday at Halmei!! Sunday at Halmei!!
Unread 03-15-2007, 09:48 PM
peace

Well. . .

Fri I could still go North. . . and Sat somewhere in Seoul/Gyeonggi (I'd still love to go to namhansanseong. . . but only if Kris and Jesse, or someone who KNOWS HOW TO GET THERE went along. . . otherwise happy to meet Fri afternoon (S. Gyeonggi) and climb or Fri eve and get together and decide. . .

Ivan, Crystal, Mary, Mike, Ross, Nicole, Jason, Justin, Les, Nick, Erin, Jacquie, Paula. . . . . . . . . . ?!

Then if anyone else wants to come, great. . . if you don't know how it's a great chance to learn to get to Halmae Bawi (and to Sununsan) for future reference. Anyone could stay at my place, we could direct to Gochang, or maybe head to Gunsan (SatPM or SunAM) and maybe catch a ride to Halmae?! Is there space?! How many?!
Unread 03-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Ayeishi!

I think I'm going to Hamlae on Sunday.
Unread 03-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Aggressive Sheep

YAY!!!!
see you there!!
Unread 03-17-2007, 09:43 PM
verticalcult

Damn! I came early again! A Daejeon climbers party that "just happened" in the infamous "gwanj" district (winter crazy get together) after a night of plastic tricked us into confusing Saturday and Sunday, so with very hungover countenances we thrutched our way all over poor old Halmae...lovely lovely weather, by my oh my, children! Did it get busy or what!? The big E counted another 24 climbers (the dudes/dudettes from O2 in Seoul were down) aside from our 4 sorry-bottomed selves...and we even had two dogs! Word to the wise (wise enough to avoid a night of Makoli and Dong Dong Ju till 4am), get there early if you habour any vestiges of a displeasure with thronging crowds on your routes.
Nonetheless, and not to give an erroroneously negative perspective, we had a good time and lots of good food (blame KA for that). Sorry we missed you guys! Happy Saint Paddy's Day all!
Jake and KyungAh
Unread 03-17-2007, 10:13 PM
verticalcult

Ooops! Important beta for those heading to Halmae Bawi. The old restaurant there (Asan Gardens) is closed down...moved to just near the entrance of Seonunsan.As a result the toilets there are rather less hygenic than before. The mens is quite nasty in fact, and there is no running water! In the lady's toilet, it's barely better, but at least the asian toilet there has a gentle trickle to flush it. Might be a good idea to purge ones innards before hitting halmae. Oh and please take away all your garbage...no one is there to do that for you anymore. It's a great place, but once things get super busy there...well it might fast become a messy, stinking embarrasment to our lack of proper care...I hope not. Maybe we can even do a clean up day there, and talk too the local council to see waht is needed to get water on etc.
Sorry for the preaching spiel. Have fun!!
Unread 03-18-2007, 12:31 AM
Ayeishi!

Good idea! We need to get water to the washrooms or it's going to be a terrible mess.