Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 05-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Working it out

Women of the Rocks Weekend

KOTR gatherings seem to be bringing in lots of women, and I think that's something to celebrate. I think this deserves a Women of the Rocks/Women Rock the Rocks/Women Rock weekend! My idea is to celebrate and highlight the efforts and gains the beautifully strong KOTR women are making at the crags.

I'm thinking sometime in June (May is already so full!), but please post your preferred dates. I'm thinking somewhere near a beach...any ideas? I'm open to having a co-ed trip, but if you all think we should do this sans testosterone, I'm cool with that too. (If the men come, they better be ready to get their belay on--this weekend is for us!)

Ok girls, let's get some discussion going--what are your thoughts on dates and location? This doesn't have to be a meet-n-greet caliber weekend in terms of logistical planning, I just want us women to get together, climb, and have a great time knowing that we friggin' ROCK!
Unread 05-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Halla Hanger

Sounds great! Do you think we can do it without men?
I think Busan would be cool. Easy to get to, easy to get around, easy to find lodging, near water...
Unread 05-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Halla Hanger

Nice cunudrum of emotions there. I LOVE the idea of women ROCKing Busan!
But Im happy to go anywhere ya'all are. Class ends June 15th which makes travel even easier. We should do it soon, though, before the rain sets in.
Unread 05-07-2007, 03:44 PM
peace

Quote:
Do you think we can do it without men?

Jenn? Not sure what you mean by this?!

Busan (or somewhere in the S-- Busan to Mokpo is a great idea as 1) south SK is home to many KOTR women (Ricky, Jessica, Deb, Terri, Adrienne, Amanda at least. . . ) and more of us in easy commuting distance!

I think we can do one weekend sans testosterone!! I'm going to Jeju 25-28 of May and gone for the summer June 20. 1st weekend in June would be excellent!! Maybe Dee can clear her calendar for one women's weekend and Mary can join us (I'll pick up!). . . There are many coastal cliffs to consider, but Busan might not be a bad idea. . .lots of stuff. . .

Guys: stay off this thread!!
Unread 05-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Working it out

Question

Girls, check out my post in general chat about getting some KOTR clothes for us. I think it would be awesome if we could get the shirts for the women's weekend, so if we do maybe the second weekend or third weekend in June, we would have a better shot at having the shirts...??
Unread 05-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Ayeishi!

I have a 3 bedroom apartment. I can sleep 2 in a double bed, I have two more beds, two couches and one floor mat. Halmae or Sununsan are 1.5 hours away, there's always Kokiri, but I don't like Kokiri. O if it's raining we could go to Yeongam indoor climbing centre.

An idea.
Unread 05-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Seorak Sender

I'd love it to be the first weekend in June since it's my birthday and I had planned to bury my head in the sand (or put a gun to it!) at Haeundae beach for the weekend to forget about it and be in denial..... but I would much rather say "f*** it .....age is just a state of mind" and celebrate with my sistas, anywhere in Korea! If we wait longer, there will most likely be rain!
Unread 05-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Working it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangosungoddess
I'd love it to be the first weekend in June since it's my birthday

hmmm....well I say that's a really good reason to have it the first weekend in June!! Are those birthday pina coladas I see??
Unread 05-08-2007, 08:04 AM
Halla Hanger

Yay!!
Unread 05-08-2007, 08:13 AM
Working it out

Let's Get the Date

Let's plan our weekend for the first weekend in June (1-3)....if you want to lobby for a different weekend, do it quick! I know my weekends are booking up fast, and I suspect your's are as well

Now...we need a location. I would be totally fine with Halmae or Seununsan, but I gotta say, having a beach nearby would be SWEET! I haven't been to any of the coastal cliff spots. Sonia, what might be some good coastal crags?

We should also try to get car commitments from those going to come. Sonia, Jenn, Ricky, Mary (??), would you guys be willing to haul our non-driving butts around?

Food thoughts...should we try for communal meals, or just try to eat out, or should we be on our own for food? I think it's hard for us non-drivers to carry a ton of food, so maybe if we did communal meals, us non-drivers can kick in the cash if the drivers bring the yummies?