Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 04-18-2007, 08:29 PM
peace

Memorial Day (May 25-58) in Jeju!!

I am heading to Jeju Friday afternoon and headed back Monday afternoon! I'd like to hook up with Dan and Darren and any other Jejuites for a couple of days of climbing! (Check out Dan's newly posted photos of Musucheon! . . . sweet!!)

There are plenty of ferry options from Incheon, Mokpo, Busan, Wando.

Asiana and Korea Air fly from most airports in Korea; internet prices are mostly less than W50,000 each way, but you'd need to book early. (I'm flying in from Gwangju and out to Yeosu!)

It's a small island and pretty easy to meet up. Some good climbing and trippy stuff. I plan to rent a car (unless someone brings one!).

Should be a good time to go! Hope some of the military folks can go-- make use of that Monday!!

Last edited by skinsk : 04-19-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Unread 04-22-2007, 08:50 PM
peace

IF you want to go to jeju for memorial day then you should book your transport!! I'm arriving on the 25th at about 5PM leaving the 28th about 4:30. . . i think i reserved a car. . . will double check tomorrow!!! Meeting up with the locals and local KOTRers. . . should be a blast!!

go to dan's profile and check out his blog. . . and then linked to him is "johnny in jeju". . . check out the photos. . . it looks like some pretty amazing places

and i have some sea-cliff info that i hope to corroborate with the locals. . .

and anyone who's in korea for any length of time should see jeju/climb halla-san, the highest point in s. korea. . . maybe we'll trek to "love-land". . the er, adult theme park. . . people can do different things-- pesonally i don't need to climb hallasan again, but i highly recommend it. . . i might want to get in a dive. . . you don't have to. . .
Unread 04-24-2007, 02:24 PM
muse

i want to go

how would i go about booking a ticket? i am not sure if my four day includes friday or tuesday - but i have never navigated intra-korea flying before.
Unread 04-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Seorak Sender

Come on down! We'd love to show you around!
Unread 04-24-2007, 03:46 PM
peace

Asiana (http://flyasiana.com/english/) and KAL (http://www.koreanair.com/) both fly from Seoul (probably your closest) and several other places. The websites are good for info, but I always end up calling them to book, as I seem to have trouble reserving thru Asiana using miles. I don't think they charge mnore for one way, so you might have to combine. . .

There's also the ferry-- various options!!

I am really quite psyched!!
Unread 04-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Halla Hanger

I'd love to make it out to Jeju one of these times, but I'm afraid the 58th of may is all booked up for me! I do envy your schedule.... during summer vacation (1st week in august) how would things be there?
Unread 04-26-2007, 12:28 PM
character builder

id love to join! BUT~!
my friend tried to get a return flight from jeju Sunday...
sonia whos your travel agent? seems like all those are booked..
is the ferry an option?

-deb
Unread 04-26-2007, 12:48 PM
peace

getting to jeju (and home again)

no need for an agent-- just go online to either/both airlines (whomever flies closest to you) and check the various routes/days. . . Asiana shows how many seats remain. . . (though not all can be used by frequent flyers) you can also call the airlines. . .

the ferry, even for one way, is another option (or actually a few options!) and it looks like there are a lot of choices. . . apparently my link on this thread isn't direct. . . follow it through jeju island/jeju port. . .

Les, Jeju will probably be rainy then-- could be a problem for the ferries if the seas are choppy-- but if the weather is nice. . . however: don't miss the mudfest in Boryeong (Chungcheongnam) at the end of July
Unread 04-26-2007, 01:32 PM
character builder

sorry man, can't come, my school gives us only thursday off. not friday and not monday.
military people get the US holidays eh.
Unread 05-04-2007, 11:37 AM
peace

Guess we pretty much have the car-full from Sat-Mon! (though another person we could upgrade to a bigger car). Mary, save Halla for Tues (it's a day trip. . . I did it in winter in maybe 5:30. . . ) and if there's anything you're not interested in, I'll try to do it Friday!!

when do y'all arrive?

Are you interested in going to visit a friend of mine at a monestary? climbing on smaller islands? Eongtto Falls? Bouldering? I really want to go to Musucheon! Dan, Johnny, Darren? Do any of these appeal more or less to y'all?