Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Trip Reports

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 04-15-2007, 11:43 PM
peace

Meeting and Greeting

A beautiful weekend with great company and good climbing! It was great to see so many new faces (though some old faces were noticeably missing!! I particularly missed the organization and efficiency with meals planning!! ). . . thanks to everyone, especially whoever diced all that cheese and Brandon and julie for the hours of pancake duty.

I hope everyone continues to make it out for climbing (check out "upcoming trips"). . . and of course, feel free to plan a trip or issue an invite to your neck of the woods. . .

I've posted some photos under "Fun Photos" PM me (and give me your e-mail_ if you want me to send you copies or any photos I may not have posted. Peace!
Unread 04-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Working it out

Thumbs up Holy Fun Weekend, Batman!

This was a fantastic weekend! I was really excited to meet so many new people and to see some familiar faces too. I want to send a big sincere thanks to everyone who contributed to the meals--those who bought tons o food and those who chopped, sliced, diced, and cooked...and to those who washed dishes! (Sonia, thanks for providing the bar!) I also want to thank everyone with cars for transporting us bus-ers and train-ers here and there. I also want to extend a major thank you to you more advanced climbers for being patient and so encouraging of us novices. Your support and teaching is truly appreciated! It's really great to be part of a such a cool community of really sincere people. I look forward to climbing with you folks again real soon!!

nicole
Unread 04-16-2007, 09:02 AM
character builder

Possibly best weekend

I loved seeing old friends and meeting new mates!!
Although i was uncertain of coming because its quite far away and weather seemed bad, I'm SO glad I came. Primitive living in beautiful mountains with clean air is pure happiness. My buddy Matt had a great time, I'm trying to get him on the forum.
Most of all this trip had many new climbers which makes me excited.
Guys,girls, you're doing great!!

Many thanks for the amazing Western food, so missing in the smaller towns. Glad to help with cleanup duty in exchange for such good food~

Only wished the weekend was longer so I could spend more time with you all.
I will be around for a few weekends of southern climbing and I could spot a gangwondo trip... possibly climb in combination with a Seoul trip :P

Jacquie I love my new shoes, thanks for the trade

Unfortunately I left my cellphone somewhere in Seonunsan.. if anyone has seen it I'd be super happy to hear back.
Unread 04-16-2007, 11:44 AM
verticalcult

Sonia, I just viewed your photos and they are awesome! Thanks for being the lensmaster on the anchor to finally get us something better than bum shots! I really liked what you did with the framing too.
It was an awesome weekend, great to renew (and start some new) friendships. Double thumbs up to all, especially the "newbies" who had a go and helped make it such a cool and groovy event. I hope you'll all now be totally cool with posting opinions, ideas and questons anytime. Yeah, Nicole, after that lead you are definitely, once and for all, not still a newbie!
Let's try and patch together something again soon so that our military buddies and other folk like B-Team/ Hulk/ Maria who were unable to make it can partake, if you read this, we all missed your presence guys.
Will add a few pics later also. Thanks everyone we had a truly awesome time.
Jake, Kyung Ah and Hyo Heon (Momo).
Unread 04-16-2007, 04:16 PM
☆★☆★☆★☆★

I had a fantastic weekend. I was stoked to see folks from before and so many new people as well.

Big thanks to Rick for providing all the refried beans and all the pancake fixings! Also, thanks for providing the weather forecast. It was perfect. All the other forecasts were much worse...

Thanks to everyone who worked the kitchen! Awesome job!

Thanks to Jackie and Erin for the great stories on the long ride home!

I hope to see all of you sometime this spring/summer.
Unread 04-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Aggressive Sheep

My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer. I met many super cool folks and wish I could have got to know you better.
But this is only the beginning of a long climbing season with many weekends to meet again! Can't wait!!!
Unread 04-16-2007, 08:45 PM
verticalcult

Rick is right. It's only the start...A bloody good start mind.
Rumour has it there are a few folks meeting up this coming weekend (21-22) at YeonGyeong in Northern Daegu...look out for details in the upcoming trips part, though I probably can't go myself, I do recommend it (no walk in, nice rock, nice locals, food delivered to the crag!).
Also a bouldering trip happening in SongniSan (속리산) National Park...a great place to visit even if you only go for the hiking/ temple (Beopjusa/법주사) or to have a chat with other KOTRers. I'd definitely like to hook up with someone who has a Tuesday off for an EASY trad/slab/crack day at Insubong, or a weekend at Ulsanbawi in Solaksan...Thanks again to everyone for a great time. Netti, pm me your address if you are going to be down under this July, maybe we could cross paths in Oz.
Unread 04-17-2007, 09:46 AM
fleeing the borg

I just wish i could spend every weekend like last weekend. Greg, Bailey, May, and i were all whimpering a little when we teetered off in the towner (half from twitching muscles and half from leaving all the great people we just met). Chegong's already missing Kyung Ah's belly-rubs. I'm still jealous i didn't get any. (Jake, Kyung Ah is your wife's name, right?)

Those sites were fantastic, with lots of variety for everyone (especially for those of us beginning or getting back into it). Thank you to all those more experienced for lending so much time, encouragement and patience (especially Nicole... you can belay me anytime baby--thanks) ... that's what makes a great climbing community. And thanks to Sonia for kicking *** with the camera (my name's Marinel, not Merribel, but you can call me Bob and i'd respond).

I think Greg and I will be around this weekend (Daegu) for YeonGyeong, and i'd be excited to see anyone from the M&G... you guys rock!!

-Marinel
Unread 04-17-2007, 10:16 AM
peace

mea culpa

Quote:
my name's Marinel, not Merribel
so sorry. . . (I think I spelled it two wrong ways!) been cleaning up mistakes/typos. . . that's what I get for posting into the wee hours Sunday. . . at any rate, since I asked you how to spell it, that's my best excuse . I think I managed to get "May" right, I think I stuck the "i" back in a few Jessies, but please anyone, if you notice any mistakes and/or typos, etc . . .PM me and I'll set it right!! I'm concerned about Siggy as I didn't even ask her to spell it!

But great seeing y'all, and we tend to get to Daegu and surrounds often enough!!

Chegong is an awesome dog. . .

Last edited by skinsk : 04-17-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Unread 04-17-2007, 01:48 PM
aka ICEMAN

My only regret is that I could not go! Someone had to have taken pics this last weekend!!

I look forward to the next climbing trip out my way! Keep me informed!

"GO FULL THROTTLE....or GO HOME!"