Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 03-13-2008, 10:02 PM
☆★☆★☆★☆★

let me know what i can do!
Unread 03-13-2008, 11:09 PM
peace

PMed you a list. . . thanks

and thanks to those who are helping already, of course!! your efforts will be duly acknowledged, though I can't promise much more than that. . .

(Any other takers?)
Unread 04-12-2008, 04:30 PM
peace

what to include

so here's my (very) rough list of what to include in the guidebook. . . I'm still open to suggestions, etc, and I would love it if anyone going to these areas can help me with photos, route beta, matching routes to cliff photos etc. . . (PM me and I can e-mail you photos/list of routes, etc for many of the areas. . . you can print out and take notes. . . or draw routes in photos and send back to me). . . you'll be famous! (and very very appreciated)

Seoul/Gyeonggi
Bukhansan
insubong: sky route chinaurd A & B easiest
seoninbong
one more bukhansan rock? maybe something on the other side?
side article on Insu boulders (Dave)
urban craggin'
Uiwang, Byeongpoong?
Namhansanseong?

Kangwondo
Seoraksan
janggunbong
yuseondae
sotowang
ageolbawi?
jeokbyeok?
mireukjangeunbong?
ulsanbawi
Kanhyon
Yonghwasan?
Maewol Amjang ?

Chungcheong-buk
Ulbawi
Chungsukkol?
(consult Kris)

Chungcheong-nam
Hagampo Beach
Gyeryongsan?
anyone know anything good in this province?!

Jeollabuk
Sununsan
(sidebar: Halmae: no pay to play!)
Maisan
Daedunsan
Daeyari?

Jeollanam
Yudalsan
Yongseo
Mudeungsan-Saeinbong
Horangsan?
sidebar-- Yeongam Rock Climbing Stadium

Gyeongsangnam
Busan urban crags
Geumjeongsan Buchae Bawi, Daeryokbong
Amnan Park ?
(Song-do)KMU
Ae Bawi ?
Jeokdeokri?
Mucheksan
Ae bawi?
Munsusan
Buoengsae Bawi
Juk Jang
Sinbal/Byeongpung
Wonhyosan? Byeong pung
sidebar: bull

Gyeongsangbuk
Daegu urban crags: Yeongyeong-dong
Yong Mun San (yong bawi)
Uksukol
Palgongsan?
Yuhaksan?
Dream bawi?
Ulleungdo?

Jeju
Musucheon
Eongtto
Oedolgae
Mara-do?

PS: if I've commented on climbing shots you've posted on Facebook, it means I'm interested in that photo. . .
Unread 04-23-2008, 06:15 PM
peace

organizing!

OK, I am trying to organize (this is about 75% of book-writing, I decided). . .
if I tagged a climbing shot in your facebook, could you please send me the photo? If you did this already, could you send me info such as where? what route? first and last name of climber? first and last name of photographer? contact info of person who owns the photo (who's camera, basically) if not you. If you don't remember the route, approximate grade, where it was located on the cliff, etc is all helpful! If I e-mailed you for the 3rd time with the same question, please bear with me! Finally, for the guidebook, I am trying to use my canubelay-hotmail e-mail. (If you already sent photos/items to a different e-mail, I've forwarded them-- this is more for future submissions!)

I am thinking this book will be ongoing until late summer at the earliest! Amazing photos, route beta etc is still welcome! If you are willing to match routes to photos, count bolts, etc, at your local crag, PM me (again!) and I will try to keep everything straight (from now on)!

At the moment, I CANNOT offer free books for everyone who submits a photo or two-- anyone who knows me from my non-profit/lose-profit days can attest. . . however, if you submit a number of usable shots, write some, put me up, gather info, etc, a free book will surely come your way!
Unread 10-09-2008, 03:20 PM
peace

Another reminder -- an invitation to new people-- I am really pushing to finish what I need to in Korea THIS month!!

I still need lots of photos, profiles, writing, proofreading, and people willing to go to the cliffs and match photos to routes. (I would e-mail you the lists and photos, you print and draw in or at least mark the starts of the routes, maybe count some bolts, try to figure out heights)

I still need mostly photos-- either good shots of climbers (with names of people and routes) and of cliffs. read through this thread for more info, or PM me with your preferences. . .

THANKS to those who have submitted!! THANKS again!!

Also, short (15-50 word) comments, impressions about a climbing area, a Korean climber or gym, an experience, something you learned etc would be great. . . I want to scatter random impressions from foreign climbers thoughout.
Unread 10-09-2008, 11:37 PM
velocity girl

hahaha...i was going to offer to do some interviews for you anyway! so that's great that it's what you want me to do! just let me know who...

also, i happen to LOVE editing (i know, i know, i'm a total geek! )...so i'm definitely up for that too!

and we can talk about whatever anytime! you know you always have a place here in seoul if you need it!

ciao bella!
dee

'it doesn't have to be fun to be fun'. (alpinist heading up 'the south african' route in patagonia)
Unread 10-13-2008, 10:14 AM
peace

indesign and photoshop experience

heya. . . I also need lots of help from people who know photoshop and indesign and have the time and inclination to help. . . the whole book needs to be formatted in indesign. . . as for photoshop-- looking mostly to tweek and sharpen photos. . .
Unread 10-13-2008, 12:06 PM
mastering the pull-up

Sonia... I've got you covered on InDesign at least and Photoshop if nobody else can. Most of my expertise is in InDesign. Send me a message and we can set up a time for a lesson. Also, there are some good tutorials online (at least for Photoshop) that I definitely took advantage of in university.

Last edited by Chickenlegs : 10-13-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Unread 10-13-2008, 03:39 PM
peace

Jess-- I was kinda thinking of you when I posted. . . I probably will accept your tutorial. . . I'll try to start cataloguing the things I most need to learn (can you make the grey skies blue?!), and am also making a plea for anyone who wants to help with the formatting and editing!! The whole thing should be in Indesign and I'm just swamped trying to put this thing together, count bolts, etc. . . I'd like to see what folks who really have a knowledge of photoshop could do with some of the photos (more immediately, we need an advertising brochure!!). .. for some things (like the latter), a tutorial won't give me an eye for design or the experience to do anything that's above amateurish.
Unread 10-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Climber of Rocks

hey if you still need someone to check out munsu let me know and i can get that done for you on friday.