Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 04-03-2013, 06:04 PM
peace

Jeska. . . in a word: yes.

It's a great opportunity to learn the ropes and meet people and see Seonunsan (if you haven't). That said, getting some shoes and maybe a harness for your BF might be a good idea. Hard to imagine you'd regret it, and worst case scenario, he hates it, you resell it and take a loss (won't happen). Go to Jongno 5 ga (biggest selection of shops/gear), and of you buy everything at the same place, smile and ask for a discount I have an extra harness and some extra pretty small shoes, as well as several belay devices/chalk bags. . . but they may be shared by several people.
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:54 PM
AFclimber

A few updates. First, the bad news (for me). I am in the military and unfortunately, they had decided hat I am working on April 20 th. thrilled. I was really looking forward to meeting up with all of you.

Jess- in the past, we have had people of all abilities. This is a great group of people that love to climb/teach climbing/eat/drink/camp/and laugh. I'd recommend trying to get your hands on some shoes. If not, no biggie! It will still be a blast.

For those of us up north- be on the lookout for a northern "trad" meet up in the near future. Possibly first weekend of may. Really sorry I can't make it. Stupid work. >:-l
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Seorak Sender

AFclimber. I'd like to come. I live in Pyeongtaek. I don't know if anybody would like to come with me. I have shoes, a harness and 12 quickdraws. I'll send you a private message. Do you have room in your car?

EDIT: AFclimber, I just read your last post. See you next time. I'll send you a private message.
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Seorak Sender

awesome

Ok sounds great!
Probably won't be able to invest in any gear, money had been extremely tight since moving here, I really probably shouldn't even ever leave my house but what's life without a little adventure right!
Unread 04-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Seorak Sender

Hi everyone, my name is Patrick! I'm 21, from Salt Lake City, Utah. Right now I live in Gwangju, got here about a month ago.

I don't have a ton of climbing experience, but I had a cousin that I would go climbing with once or twice a year. I've done a little indoor and outdoor. I don't own any gear.

I really wanna get more into climbing, and I want to see more of South Korea. So far I've only done some hiking at Mudeung Mountain. I would like to go to this spring meetup. If so, what would you guys recommend I bring (I am willing to invest in some basic gear, since I'd like to do more climbing in the future.) Edit: I just read Sonia's post to Jess. I think I can manage getting a harness and pair of shoes by the time of the meetup. If there is anything else essential, let me know.

Okay, sorry that this turned into a novel... Thanks for the help, and I look forward to climbing with you guys sometime!
Unread 04-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Taaaaaaake

Hey Patman,
I've also recently arrived in Gwangju. A bit of a shot in the dark but if your shoe size is around a 9 men's I've got an extra pair I'll be bringing to the meet and greet.
Unread 04-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Seorak Sender

Hey, actually that is my size, US men's 9.
That would be super appreciated if I could borrow them!
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Seorak Sender

Sleeping

To everyone who is going:

Where are you all staying? Are most of you camping? Does anyone have any extra tents? I am really unfamiliar with the area so if anyone could post some links or information about the surrounding area and how to get in and out it would be great!

Also Bones, when are you returning to Inceon?
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:13 PM
peace

I will go up Friday. I generally go up early, but of no one else is, then I'd just as well wait (as long as people in Gwangju get off at a reasonable time. . . like public school and not hagwon hours!) and make a pick up in Gwangju on the way up.

I have a tent that's good for 4 (5 in a pinch) and one that's good for 1. I also have a 2 walled (with screens, but no rain/viewing protection) enclosed tentlike thing (great for beaches and day tripping) that could sleep 2 to 3. I have 2 extra sleeping bags and mats that people could borrow on a first claim, first get basis, as well as some extra blankets (though that would be more supplemental to a light sleeping bag than the only bedding, unless it's a super warm evening).

Jeska, if you get to Seonunsan Park, from the entrance, head straight and right to the campground. . . it's just across from the youth hostel and really not very hard to find. Get some phone numbers (mine is in my profile). . . it would not be the first time I've walked around looking all foreign and waving my hands. . . but getting a couple numbers is safe as I am not super great about having my phone with me at all times! (I will try!).
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Seorak Sender

Hey Sonia, as mentioned on fb, I would like to claim an extra tent space and a sleeping bag . Thanks a lot, Max