Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 05-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Seorak Sender

Hey, hey,

Wow that sounds awesome, but this Saturday I'm actually going to the DMZ and then bungee jumping on Sunday, so gutted I can't make it.

I'm not experienced in any way, just had a paddle around in New Zealand a bit and loved it, so would be so cool to join you and your friends at some point. I eventually would love to get some qualifications in Kayaking and so need to start somewhere!

My friend is also interested so any future trips you have it would be great if you would drag us along. We are well up for it.

My cell phone is 010 8699 3030. So anytime you have any plans, give me a call.

Have a good one this weekend :) :)
Unread 05-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Seorak Sender

hi guys i am littlebrady mates sarah. well totally the kayaking thing awesome. my boyfrined in uk is a kyking instructor but he is not here until winter snowboarding but little brady and i are totally interesd. we are meeting choi tommoz night in beaoumgae for a drink if anyfolk want to meet its line four.

you have little bradys number mine is also 01086958860 we are up for a wicked summer. just having lots of fun climbing, kyaking, jamming if anyone wants to jam or form a band lets get it togther,

i am doing an exhbition inleeds uk about the whole korean experience so i want folk to take photos of and paint so should be great. anyways looking forward to it.

we are signed up for the adventurekorea thing this sunday if yal want to come. as for climbing itching to get going.

see yas laters

sarah xx
Unread 05-23-2005, 02:06 PM
climbergrrl

Hi Littlebrady and Sarah!

Had a great time paddling on the Naerimcheon last weekend! Well, actually, I spent most of my time trying to remember how to roll, ^^ however, got it back eventually, so it was all good in the end. The water was a bit low (I felt so bad for all of those poor raft guides hung up on the rocks!), but the paddling was still great.

Thinking about heading that way again the long weekend in June (4/5/6th?) and toward the end of July (21st-24th). Will probably stay at the clubhouse near Hannam (near Inje in Gangwon-do) and paddle various spots on the Naerimcheon. The water should also be a lot higher then. Let me know if you're interested, (anyone else that might be into kayaking is welcome to join also). You are welcome to use the club equipment and stay at the clubhouse there for a small fee. It's rustic, but can be really fun. Lessons can be arranged too. Mr. Kim is one of Korea's best kayakers, he is an international judge and sometime competitor, as well as being Korea's new national team judge (the national team was created this year). Plus, the other members of the club are skilled kayakers, too. And safety seems to be a priority for them, which is always reassuring, although I will be the first to admit that I am not well-versed on international kayaking safety standards.

Anyway, take care, hope your adventuring is going well. :)

Cheers,
Heidi
Unread 05-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Seorak Sender

hi there. well i really want to come. i am on a scuba diving course on the sat and sunday but finsh at five so can i get there after that for the sunday night and monday. if you want to email me its [email protected] not to sure what little brady up to but she is sat here so will ask in a moe.

how far is it, i am so up for kyaking because my boyfriend in uk is an instructor so when he comes over i want to be good but when i get back i want to gain my star awards.

what do you reckon. hope to here from about that weekend, i am scubaing on sat and sun but can come after that fro sun nite and monday.

sarah
Unread 05-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Seorak Sender

will deffinatley do the weekend of the 21st-24th july.

just keep us posted on kyaking trips and climbing. i am just tied up in the next three weekends with the scuba diving. my phone number is 01086958860 july one would be better i reckon or anytime after the 12th june.

if there is a club of kyakers do you know the email.

;looking forward to meeting you folk.

bring on the rock and the water.

hinkadinka (sarah )
Unread 05-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Seorak Sender

hi everyone

i was wondering i live in ui-wang near anyang, there is a climbing wall there at the sports centre but i have no idea how to get to it etc. if anyone knows that would be great, also.

there is some park in seoul where you can boulder and its shut when its raining but don't know what thats called, does anyone have any ideas, which are the good ones that are open on a weekend especially for couldering . i have not got my harnes or anything but if i get shoes and chalk i can boulder etc.

money tight. but i really need to practice lead climbing at some point this summer.

if anyone can let me know about the anyang sports centre and how much it is in the crimp gym, hoping to meet with james choi to climb.

i have been to xgames looks cool. and i am itching to be climbing again.
so anywhere thats cheap would be great. i need to be climbing i the next week or two. thanks dudes.

sarah xx
Unread 05-30-2005, 10:00 AM
John Wayne never wore Lycra

Cheap shoes, take line 1 to Jongno 5-ga, exit 5, and take the first alley on the right. After 50m you'll see the first shop, take your next right and there is a shop that has 5.10's on sale for 37,000 (v10, anasazi, moccasym, ascent etc).

The Crimp:
Drop in 1st time 6,000원 / 토,일 7,000원
a month: 70,000원
6m: 360,000원
1 year: 720,000원

MON,TUE,THU,FRI AM 6시 ~ PM 11시
WED PM 5시 ~ PM 10시

Unread 06-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Seorak Sender

thanks for that. i got some shoes and chalk. just wish i had my babys from home, anyways, i have found a small and cool gym in anyang near where i live which is cool. but because of the summer coming up, i am desperate to be going side to buolder, when i first got here there was a website about a small park in seoul it was for bouldering and it was open everyday except when it rained. does anyone know whaere this is.

i want to get you most weekends bouldering and climbing, but because i ma new here i am slightly nervous of just goint to remote places on my own etc so if a there is anyone who wants to go that would be cool.

sarah
email me [email protected]
Unread 06-16-2005, 01:50 PM
This Guy That's Me

BOULDERING AROUND INSUBONG--This reply is late, but there are at least two areas for bouldering around Insubong. (1) around the camping area near the police station hut and another building. (2) At the base of Insubong there are a few tough problems. One is a V11 that Chris Sharma flashed when he was here for the Anasazi Festival. I didn't see him do that problem, but I saw two Koreans working the line later and they said he'd flashed it. To get in the general area, turn right on the trail that heads off a little before the camping area. The flat face with diagional crack is to the left of the 1st pitch of Insubong.(3) Secret Area 51. After the day of bouldering, Chris and his friend said they went off the trail and found some really nice problems. He wouldn't be any more specific than that. But it seemed like they were off the main trail toward Baekundae rather than toward Insubong, but that's pretty iffy. Take a pad and go exploring. (And if you find out where to get bouldering pads here, let me know.)

BOULDERING AROUND BURAMSAN--There are some easy problems in the myriad of small trails leading up Buramsan. But they're too hard to describe. I have a couple goofy pictures if you want to check the place out. They won't be showing up here or rockclimbing.com anytime soon!

BOULDERING AROUND DOBONGSAN--There are a few nice, big, boulders heading up the main trail at Dobongsan. I was messing around on one with approach shoes and a climber stopped in to demonstrate. I think he called it 5.9, but our communication was the smoothest--no bolts. Back in the trails were a few more problems that were a bit beyond me, at least without a little stack of pads. Some are bordering on highballing, and well, I guess that says something about me. Say no more.

All that said, I don't get out to it nearly enough. Life is busy. I hope you have a lot of fun, and keep sharing beta.

Peace.
Unread 06-22-2005, 12:21 AM
Seorak Sender

hey there duder, well just wondering if you fancy going to those places at some point in the next four weeks. i really need to get out and about on the rocks its mainly gym climbing.

let me know

[email protected]