Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
View Poll Results: WHERE and WHEN do you wanna have an Autumn Meet and Greet?
Ganhyeon/간현 25 65.79%
Seonunsan/선운산 3 7.89%
Daegu/대구 8 21.05%
The Bull 1 2.63%
Other 1 2.63%
August 31-Sept 2 5 13.16%
Sept 7-Sept 9 6 15.79%
Sept 14-Sept 16 20 52.63%
Sept 21-Sept 23 (nb Chusek is Sun 23-Wed 26) 3 7.89%
Sept 28-Sept 30 17 44.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-23-2007, 02:32 PM
verticalcult

Looks like KA and I will be only there for the Sunday (best man at a wedding on the Saturday) - assuming the super popular Sept 13-5th date carries; so we could lend our tent I guess. Brandon/Terri you can still crash at our place and we might even be able to drive you up sat morning (thereby getting tent up for others). Keep urging people to vote! The poll has been up for ages and still not 30 have bothered/ found time/ made a decision. Shame shame shame!
Unread 08-28-2007, 12:47 AM
climbergrrl

so is it going to be sept. 13-15th at ganhyeon? i'm in if it is...but i just need to know...

i agree with sonia, nicole...bring the parents! it's a gorgeous place! lots to do!
Unread 08-28-2007, 01:01 AM
climbergrrl

jake~!

what is the super popular sept 13th-5th date all about? is it a 51 week meet n' greet? hmmm...i can see why it WOULD be super popular! count me in!!! but...does it have to be at ganhyeon the whole time?
Unread 08-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Halla Hanger

I've got a "mandatory" teaching staff workshop on the favoured saturday which I'm really stoked about, and with mama Avenue due to arrive, I've got a sweet sweet galbi dinner in store. If anyone would like Nicole's mom's autograph, let me know I'll get some extras. If you'll still have enough juice left for climbing sunday, I'll see you there! Sorry, my mom doesnt arrive until the next thursay. maybe in time for chusok climbing though....
Unread 09-01-2007, 12:55 PM
verticalcult

OK so I'm only an English teacher...I think I meant to type the "super popular" weekend as being Sept 14-16th 2007 (Fri-Sun). Unless something really strange happens (like the other 70 odd KOTRers actually voting! May the heavens fall and the seas raise up in angered shock, should that ever happen) it looks like yeah, that will (almost 100% definitely) be the M&G date. Dee sorry to leave you hanging, but after the dates/ place ruckus last time...I refuse to be cast as the decision maker, look not to shanja to accept that burden...too many people bitch at anyone who take such initiative. Anyways I'll be at a wedding that Sat and only coming on the Sunday, so...it's not really fair for me to call this one. It will be super fun though, and Les I hope to see you with or without kalbi and mama. The folks down south will need some attention too (have you heard how lonely those Busan types are getting?!). Maybe another mini-M&G 2 at Yongseo again, or something after the end of summer Seoul fest?
Unread 09-01-2007, 12:56 PM
So many mountains, but only one life!

So Ganhyeon on the 14-16th? Okay. Jake, mind if T and I come to your place on Friday and hitch a ride on Saturday AM so as to avoid the Yeosu-Gwangju-overnight-Gwangju-Seoul-Wonju crap?
Unread 09-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Jiri Jammer

Is there anyone in Seoul who I can travel with, as I don't know how to get to this place, also I'm tentless!! Help would be greatly appreciated!
Unread 09-02-2007, 07:45 PM
peace

seoul train

If you're in Seoul, you're in luck, as there are direct trains to the resort (well, just outside the resort) from Cheongnyangni Station in E Seoul. The post on KOTR (at least the "additional comments") has the specific information on getting there.

I think I will be leaving here about 11:40 Friday, passing through Jinan 12:25, heading up through Dajeon (on 1-25), getting on I-50 at Icheon, and on to Kanhyon, hopefully in time for a little climbing before the big bash begins. If anyone on the way gets off early on Fri, PM me if you need a life. Still room for 2 more + gear.
Unread 09-03-2007, 10:32 AM
verticalcult

As KA and I won't be able to make Saturday, you can have my tent dude....Brandon&Terri or maybe Sonia can pick it up and take it up to Ganhyeon on the Fri or Sat. KA and I will pop up as early as possible on Sunday. Oh and Brandon & Terri, of course the offer to crash en route at our place stands! Love to see you guys again.
Unread 09-03-2007, 10:40 AM
mastering the pull-up

food...

So... Is anyone going to be in charge of food this time? Are we doing the usual (Sat night burritos, Sun morn pancakes) or is it going to be a 'fend for yourself' M&G?