Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 05-11-2019, 08:38 AM
Seorak Sender

climbing partner June 10-17

I am coming to Seoul for work and would like to sneak in a day or two climbing if possible. I will be flying in on June 8 and leaving the 18th. I'm busy on the 11th and 13th but otherwise fairly flexible.

About me - I've been climbing on and off for 25-odd years. I'm safe and experienced, although not as strong as I used to be ;-). I'm happy to climb trad or sport - probably not looking to climb above 5.10 trad or easy 5.11 sport though. I have a full rack, but I'd prefer to travel light and just bring my personal gear if I can get away with it.

I have a spare bedroom in the granite mecca of Squamish BC, so if you host me at a Korean climbing area I can return the favour if you ever make it out my way.
Unread 06-10-2019, 08:11 PM
peace

Hi Sylvia,

I am much older (I think!) and out of shape then you (esp after recent elbow surgery), but I will be finishing exams this week (Thurs) and I have wheels, full rope and rack and such, and a good knowledge of Korean climbing. Also, plenty of camping gear! Maybe you can come down here (I live 1:30 south of Seoul) and we can look at options. . . sport, trad, sea cliffs. . . ). If I travel more than 2 nights I need to arrange a cat-sitter. I will have finishing/grading/admin work to do, but that is flexible. # here is 010-4185-ROCK. Message me if you're interested.