Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 04-08-2010, 11:04 AM
verticalcult

loganw mate, yeah bring your guitar if you can fit it in! Same to other dudes/ dudettes with some imagined) musical ability....always appreciated. Bongoes, banjoes, ukeleles, guitars, harmonica etc all good. Camp-ground in Korean is:
Ya-yeong-jang (Yah-yong-jang)...any local will point the way if you get lost.
Remember everyone bring some BIG rubbish bags, and firewood if you wanna have a campfire. We wanna keep our area clean and give a good impression to other people too.
The nights can be chilly too so remember to bring a jacket and a beanie (the winds at the crag can be pretty fierce too, so be prepared there also).
Unread 04-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Seorak Sender

anyone have extra rope i can borrow?
Unread 04-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Seorak Sender

How's everyone going? Right, so this is my first time posting anything on KOTR. I'm not too sure what the score is but I'd like to get on board with this meet and greet business. I've only been in Korea for a little over a month, I'm out of shape, and I live in Hoengseong outside of Wonju, Gangwon-do.

The good news is I brought a rope and some sport gear with me and I'm down for whateva. Anyone in the area heading down to this thing? I really have no idea where to go. Oh...and no camping gear. Let me know.

Stefan
Unread 04-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Jiri Jammer

I suggest everyone bring their instrument. We'll have a big jam!
Unread 04-08-2010, 09:15 PM
peace

Stefan, hi! you can probably get a room with some other folks. . . or if you're really committed, head to Seoul this weekend and get some cheap (but decent) camping gear. . . it may still be a bit cold this weekend, but with the weather getting better and better, you can get your money's worth. Might even ask around. . . your friends and colleagues might have tents and sleeping bags-- camping is popular enough here.

I think I posted a link to some hotels and minbaks in the park. The Youth Hostel also has rooms for rent and is pretty close to the campgrounds. Friendly and helpful staff if not really speaking English. The Seonunsan Tourist Hotel, is I believe the near-by hotel. . . with the sauna and near the norae-bang. Think last time the rooms were about W40k and probably still off-season, but don't rely on that 100%.
Sununsan Youth Hostel: 063)561-3333, 561-3448
Sununsan Tourist Hotel: 063)561-3377, 561-4700

there are climbers in Wonjuwe haven't heard from them about the meet and greet . . . to seonunsan it's a bit of a haul. How early can you start out? Check this thread.

hnb-- while I don't know many people who lend extra ropes, you're sure to find someone who'll share-- I think that's pretty much everyone, Koreans included. I'll have a 70 meter, so two people could climb adjacent climbs on either end!
Unread 04-09-2010, 03:44 AM
<--Sean

not sure if anyone else is heading down from gunsan that I don't know about but myself, +2-4 depending on who I can convince will be heading out friday night on the 6ish bus to gochang then taxi it to the park (as we'll probably miss the last bus from gochang to seonunsan). If there are any reclusives in kunsan that didn't know there was a party of us climbers on the military base hit me up
Unread 04-09-2010, 05:20 PM
peace

Sean. . . will be nice to meet you! I've heard a bit about you! Anuschka though we knew each other so we might as well:-) You guys should come down for the film fest as well as it's half way!

Oh. . . anyone have drums? Djambe would be great. . . but I'm flexible:-)
Unread 04-09-2010, 06:19 PM
verticalcult

If you be coming from Wonju Hoengseong area then send a pm to Jason (jasoninsokcho) as he'll be driving thru and might have room. He is a Kiwi, but that's not his fault , he's a good bloke and might have space. Oh and I'll bring an extra rope as well as an extra harness and maybe even an extra pair of smelly old shoes. Qasim dude I HAVE YOUR belay tool and biner from Ganhyeon when you left it there last year. I'll bring it.
Unread 04-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Olleh KT

I'm going to come down Sounds like it'll be a great time. I don't have a rope, so hopefully I can borrow one. Everything else I seem to have. May need to get another biner or two.
Unread 04-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Seorak Sender

this sounds amazing. I've been looking to meet up with some climbers since I moved here!!!! I only have my shoes and my chalk bag. will there be any available gear I could borrow?