Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 09-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Jiri Jammer

id like to be your friend patty teacher
Unread 09-17-2009, 04:00 PM
No User Title in use

This valuable information brought to you by Alec:

"There is camping 1km from the park entrance. It's nice, but no restaurant and you have to take a bus to the rock.

I can't imagine the shelter filling up~~it was empty last year except for foreigners. Chuseok is a family holiday, so Korean people wouldn't dare rock climb instead of seeing their parents. There is probably room for 80 or more people to sleep, but not that many blankets, so bring sleeping bags. "

Thanks Alec.
Unread 09-17-2009, 10:06 PM
No User Title in use

There is a school of thought suggesting that a Thursday evening bus be booked out of Seoul, to maximise the weekend, especially since we'll probably have to get back quite early to be safe. There's one at 11pm with 25 seats left. There's also one at 9:30pm with 8 seats left, but I don't think people not in Seoul will be able to get there in time for the earlier one.

I'm going to book seats tomorrow morning for Thursday 11pm. Let me know if you'd like a ticket. It's really expensive (25 700), but even the cheapest bus isn't cheap (15 800). And at least it'll be comfortable enough to get some sleep.

And then how many folks have the Monday off as well? Cause we also need to organise getting back.
Unread 09-18-2009, 02:12 AM
stone samurai

i havenŽt set my chuseok plans in stone yet. europe is distracting me from even giving it much thought. though i was leaning toward seonunsan, if there is a good crew coming to the east coast, then i may be coerced into sticking around. and if í do, i will have room in my apartment for anyone whoŽd like to crash, climb, take in the nightlife in sokcho. iŽd be interested in doing some bouldering if anyone is interested and has a pad, but if not, iŽll climb whatever. short or tall. soft or hard. ale or lager.

-ron kauk
Unread 09-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Seorak Sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Harrison
There is a school of thought suggesting that a Thursday evening bus be booked out of Seoul, to maximise the weekend, especially since we'll probably have to get back quite early to be safe. There's one at 11pm with 25 seats left. There's also one at 9:30pm with 8 seats left, but I don't think people not in Seoul will be able to get there in time for the earlier one.

I'm going to book seats tomorrow morning for Thursday 11pm. Let me know if you'd like a ticket. It's really expensive (25 700), but even the cheapest bus isn't cheap (15 800). And at least it'll be comfortable enough to get some sleep.

And then how many folks have the Monday off as well? Cause we also need to organise getting back.

Hey Wes Can you book me three places on the 11pm bus? Are u going to surisan this weekend? If so ill give u the money there. Thx
Unread 09-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Seorak Sender

go to seoraksan on wednesday?

hey i'm jen. i haven't met any of you yet but i'm liking your seoraksan plan. i'm in daegu. anyone interested in getting to seoraksan wednesday night or early thursday morning?

greg-- do you think i can crash at your place if i get to sokcho wednesday night? btw we have the same birthday (day not year).
Unread 09-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Aggressive Sheep

greg, i had no idea you would be around! mike and i are going to be in the sorak/sokcho area from (roughly) wed pm to mon am, probably starting off at gorak on thursday, then heading over to biseondae sometime on friday. i hope you decide to hang around and get some routes in with us!

les, you will be coming out with us wed!

is there any camping around biseondae/the general/sotuwong/etc.? we'll be lugging camping gear with us and want to use it.
Unread 09-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Jiri Jammer

Wes, is it too late for you to pick me up a ticket too? I have monday off as well! I'll see you tomorrow.
Unread 09-18-2009, 04:02 PM
No User Title in use

Those who have asked for tickets, must I also book you one back? I'm thinking Sunday night is the safest, but to get the most out of the day I'm probably gonna get a 15 800 one at 21:00. There's also one for that price at 15:00. Try reply within the next half hour... Otherwise I'll just book you one way.
Unread 09-18-2009, 04:09 PM
stone samurai

jen suh, that shouldnŽt be a problem if you need a place to crash in sokcho on wednesday nite. shoot me a message after next friday and iŽll get back to you with my cell number and any details you might need. same goes for anyone else who needs a floor to crash on.

ricardo, glad to hear youŽre back on the rock (just for the holiday?) and iŽll look forward to meeting up for some pitches and mean hack sessions.

-ron kauk